Colorado

Looks like it will be another sunny warm day here! Yay!

Trst you have been busy! Hope your work schedule slows down so you can work on your breeding pens soon.

We have mud everywhere right now, but is ok, just have to wait until the grass starts coming in with all the snow melt should be a great spring for grass!

I have two roosters that are not getting along. I want to keep them both so will have to come up with plan B for them.

What is the set date for the Easter Hatch along?

Good morning everyone!!!
frow.gif

just seeing if i have any neighbors here. ill be moving to gunnison in two months. anyone here from Salida, gunnison, montrose area?

a little nervous for my chickens since it gets so cold

Anyone interested in hatching some eggs for me? My incubator is completely shot. I'm currently working on Easter Eggers, Olive Eggers, Black Java / Jersey Giant, and even a few OEGBs. No charge for eggs. I just want a report on hatch rates. Keep what you want, return what you don't.

Shoot me an email at [email protected] if interested.

Located in Calhan - SabaiFarms.com for more info.

Anyone interested in hatching some eggs for me? My incubator is completely shot. I'm currently working on Easter Eggers, Olive Eggers, Black Java / Jersey Giant, and even a few OEGBs. No charge for eggs. I just want a report on hatch rates. Keep what you want, return what you don't.

Shoot me an email at [email protected] if interested.

Located in Calhan - SabaiFarms.com for more info.
I may be able to hatch some for you and I am in Calhan also. I have to pull out my second Sportman incubator to see why the turner is not working. I am hoping something just came disconnected when I cleaned and moved it last fall if not then I will have to replace the motor. If the motor has to be replaced then it will be a couple of weeks. I the other Sportman has been going all year but it is currently full. Send me a PM if interested.

My neighbor and i candled eggs yester. I had three that were not fertle. The three from the sikie. I have since borrowed the same silkie roo that i gave to my neihhbor last fall. It shouldnt take long to get fertle eggs fromher now.
His eggs were not so lucky as far as fertility. He only had a 50% fertility rate. Compare to my 80%.
We consolidate all the fertile eggs into my home made incubator. Two weeks and we should have some little chicks running around. My neighbor wants 50 or so to process in the fall and to replace some of his older flock. So the hatching continues. We should set more next weekend once more eggs are collected.

Good morning everyone!!!
frow.gif

just seeing if i have any neighbors here. ill be moving to gunnison in two months. anyone here from Salida, gunnison, montrose area?

a little nervous for my chickens since it gets so cold
Not sure someone on here being in the Montrose area, but Megshenhut is near Buena Vista, and I am in the Florissant area. Chickens do well in the cold, just make sure their coop is free from drafts, etc.

Quote: Nice!!!!

My neighbor and i candled eggs yester. I had three that were not fertle. The three from the sikie. I have since borrowed the same silkie roo that i gave to my neihhbor last fall. It shouldnt take long to get fertle eggs fromher now.
His eggs were not so lucky as far as fertility. He only had a 50% fertility rate. Compare to my 80%.
We consolidate all the fertile eggs into my home made incubator. Two weeks and we should have some little chicks running around. My neighbor wants 50 or so to process in the fall and to replace some of his older flock. So the hatching continues. We should set more next weekend once more eggs are collected.
This time of year the roosters are not working 100 percent, is to be expected.

Good that you hatch with your neighbor

@suncatcher I want to put a heat lamp in there. Will be rebuilding the coop once we get there. The cold here in Oklahoma is bad sometimes but it doesn't last long and even tho our coop is flimsy a heat lamp at night when it's freezing is enough.
I have a naked neck chick. Hopefully she will be ok.

Back
Top Bottom