Colorado

Turns out I got more roosters than I wanted this spring, so I need to even out the hen:rooster ratio. I am looking for pullets ranging in age from 9-13 weeks. Trying to stay close to the age of the pullets I already have. So, if anybody is looking to get rid of a few extra pullets, I'm your guy. I'm really interested in Delaware's, Java's, Copper Marans, Rhode Island Whites and my wife is interested in Silkies and Showgirls (black, blue, white, or splash). I will probably take anything though. Just a preference towards those breeds. Please message me if you have any extra pullets. Thanks.

Edited to add Silver Spangled Hamburg and White Ameracaunas to the list. Also, I live close to Greeley.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I wanted to post an update to you all. When I posted about the loss of my three wonderful orpingtons, I was pretty upset and not sure I could keep chickens any more because I feared for their safety. However, many of you sent messages both on here and privately urging me to get back on the horse and keep on keep ing chickens.

It was one person, in particular, that really got my attention that decided to offer me up free birds. How could I resist?

Vikki you're so kind, so thoughtful and I thank you for your generosity and your giving me these birds. They're beautiful and though they're still unsure of their new home, I promise I will make them happy birds. I was really touched by your act of kindness and hope to pay it forward. Thank you!

Btw, Anna loves them....and so does my wife!

I'm so glad you decided to get more. It was clear that you enjoyed them so much and that they had a good life while they were with you.

Any one here in Colorado know where I can get organic Chicken Grower? I live in unincorporated Adams County with a Broomfield address. I know Layette Feed has Organic Scratch which I buy but most of my organic feed has been ordered online and shipping costs are killing me.

Quote:
If you are up for a drive, I know Hygiene Feed Store carries organic feeds and there is a lady in Lyons that carries some in bulk I think. She is often on the Boulder CL.
I found this old ad on CL.

Certified Organic Poultry Feed - $41 (North Colorado Springs)
Date: 2011-05-26, 11:30AM MDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
ATTENTION: CHICKEN OWNERS IN KIOWA/ELIZABETH/FRANKTOWN/NORTH COLORADO SPRINGS

We are coming to Colorado Springs on Saturday, 5/28 between 1pm and 4 pm. I have Certified Organic non-soy/non-corn layer feed with 16.5% protein available for pickup at a location near the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. I also have pickup locations in La Salle, Golden and North Boulder.

It is in bulk and you will have to bring your own containers. You can buy as little or as much as you want for the same price. Ready for it ... 41 CENTS per pound -- that is 41.00 per HUNDRED. This is a regular feed co-op that you could be a part of. I will be coming to Colorado Springs every 6 weeks as long as there is enough interest.

The ingredients are: lentils, wheat, barley, amaranth, screenings and turtle beans and 2 additives from Helfter Feeds called organic mineral for poultry and DUA, which are designed to provide a good variety of enzymes and minerals specifically for poultry.

Also available are: Chick Grower @20% Protein @ .50/#, Chicken Scratch @.29/# and Sweet Feed @ .30/#-- All Certified Organic and free from soy or corn!

Call Pat @ 970-284-7889 or e-mail for your distribution order. I guarantee your chickens will love this feed or I will buy it back!!!

We will also be making full ton deliveries on June 4th. These must be scheduled in advance by calling Sara @ (308) 254-3330. There is special pricing available for tonnage orders.

On another note, Ryan, good for you guys! So glad to hear it and big "YEE HAW!"

Last edited:
Be careful my colorado friends I bought 2 buff orps from a lady on CL claiming to have 4H raised birds and she sold me sick birds. I called to complain and she was nice and she did give me 2 new birds and one free one. I am treating them with tetracycline water for a week and I am going to keep them away from my other girls for a month just to be safe. Beware people are catching on that it is popular and are being careless.

Back
Top Bottom