Colored chicks!! Updated Pictures July 7th!

I picked up 10 from my feed store who orders exclusively from ideal poultry and out of the 10 dyed chicks i got 7 were roos. Got rid of them last week and my new sex linked pullets should be here in a week or two

I would like to tell my 4 week olds apart but I had trouble telling which ones you thought were the hens..... can you post which colors in the older (4 weeks) pictures are the hens? Are all the combs pink just in different sizes?

How long do you think the food coloring will last. I'd hate to color my Delaware only to find that it'll be there until next moult.

Last edited:
...maybe there's another thread on this, but today someone told me there was a clip on animal planet saying this was in someway harmful to the chicks. Have you heard anything about this program & what they're claiming? From what little I know it sounds harmless enough.

New pictures of the only two Easter chicks I have left. I sold four of the six because they were roos. These were the green and yellow chicks.

The color is almost gone on these two pullets. There is still a good deal of color down under their feathers that only shows when they are dirt bathing.

The darker chicks in these pictures are my blue orps.

18652_dscn9684.jpg

18652_dscn9681.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom