Colored chicks??????

I love getting my girls colored chicks. We just raise them with the other chickens. Always roosters usually. Taste like any other chickens when bbq'd or in soup in the fall.

I think people are missing the point here. The issue is not dying the chicks... its about selling them to people who are not going to take care of them.

They don't need to ban selling dyed chicks.....they need to ban selling them at fairs, on the street, etc.

Dyed chicks are great.. It causes no health problems. I personally love the bright colours and they look so cute and funny. I buy a few each year.. with natural coloured ones.. to raise for eggs or meat.

If normal coloured chicks were sold at fairs or on the street then kids will still think they are so cute and want them.

That is why animals should only be sold at livestock places / farm supplies.. where people who actually want a certain animal are going to buy them... so not an impulse buy.

Also I have so say to all the parents that buy the chicks for their kids.... YOU ARE THE ONES AT FAULT.. not the children.. not the people who sell the chicks.. and not the people who dye them.

Giving a pet to children.. YOU are responsible for that animal.. because the children are CHILDREN and you are ADULTS. If you are not willing take care a pet.. and teach you kids how to take care and respect animals.. then DO NOT BUY YOUR KIDS ANY ANIMAL!!!!!

We don't need LAWS and regulation to tell us what to do.. we all have a brain.. and we should take responsibility ourselves for our actions. If we are always being told what to do we are not very mature or intelligent and it is not going to help society.

And if we are raising children that like to torture and pull heads off living animals we are doing something terribly wrong!

I dont see what that has to do with colored chicks..more about bad buisness dealers ..as for the rooster thing thats a factor no matter what. I dont see anything wrong eith coloring chicks as long as they arent sold as toys

Back
Top Bottom