Colored chicks??????

chicken burger

Songster
9 Years
Dec 12, 2010
I saw a vid on u-tube with brightly colored chicks???? This freaks me out a bit. how do they color the chicks (with food coloring?) and how do you folks feel about that?

I'm not sure if it's right?

Same thing happens every year at christmas with puppies.Or fire works durring the 4th.
It's not the industries fault,its the irresponsible people who buy this stuff.
I don't blame Anheuser-Busch for all the drunk driving deaths or alcholics who ruin families.
I don't blame Ford for motor vehical deaths.

Lets make people take accountiblity for thier own actions.When a person buys a product and miss uses it,they alone are to blame.

Last edited:
More laws?? REALLY???
There will always be thoughtless or ignorant people purchasing animals they have no ablity or education to care for!!!
I am for more EDUCATION... not more legislation. This applies to many many things in our society!

If it causes no harm to the chick and just changes it's color I see nothing wrong with it. Yes people will buy the novelty chicken for this reason but people do ALL SORTS OF STUPID STUFF in the world. I've never seen it done and yes I think it's dumb but I'm not one to Judge somebody for it. We groom dogs, pigs, cats etc. it's not far from dying their hair which I have seen done but just cutting an animals natural hair fits into the same category. Just because I'm not gonna do it doesn't mean that I will tell them it's wrong.

Have fun cause we're not here long people.

They will prob start producing pink chickens before long I would imagine.

I saw a vid on u-tube with brightly colored chicks???? This freaks me out a bit. how do they color the chicks (with food coloring?) and how do you folks feel about that?

I'm not sure if it's right?

Billions & billions of baby chicks & chickens are murdered by the commercial poultry industry each year by being thrown alive into meat grinders or being hung by the feet, dunked in electric water then having their throats slit; millions & millions more are murdered by backyard chicken growers using axes, overheated incubators & brooders, poor diets and the family dog.
So I'm not going to lose any sleep over a handful of dyed chicks that might be mistreated by children.

I don't like.
swear1.gif
It does makes them look really cute which unfortunately tempts more folks who should not own chicks to buy them when their kids cry for them. If they even live (unprepared owners may not know how to care for young chicks) 50% will be males which when grow up to be roosters and more likely to be discarded.
rant.gif
No, I do not like the practice at all.

It's actually illegal in some areas to sell dyed chicks for exactly the reason mentioned above. I don't think there is anything inherently harmful about the process, but it is a shame that people will buy them thinking that they are a novelty when they have no idea how to actually raise and care for a chick.

yep, I thought so too. My first reaction was they look so cute (which everyone thinks I supposed) and then 2 seconds later I wanted to wash them! It seems to be quite common in india if you look at all the vids on u-tube. I am just worried about what they are using to color these chicks and if it's harmful to them.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom