Colored chicks??????

I think it's ridiculous. Bright pink? Purple? Gimme a break...
rant.gif

wow thats messed up! ive seen them for sale in Arizona im from Cali. they inject the color into the egg....and they lose their color after feathering

I know several people on here who have raised colored chicks and they live normal lives, they just have colored feathers until all their baby down is gone. I doubt it harms them in any way other than enticing people to buy them who really don't know how to care for them.

It should be illegal everywhere but there are some states/cities/countys that have banned the practice. The chicks aren't harmed by the dying itself, it's just that often times people will buy them as a sort of holiday toy for the kids. No food, maybe some water. I met a lady who works in our headquarters office and she said her family would buy a few for her and her brother every Easter 'but they never lasted long'. Guess no one in the family could figure out what to properly feed them and no one cared enough to find out. So every Easter this family essentially bought two or three chicks for fun and then just let them die right in front of the kids. Every year. The view was kinda like they were toys that would run down and break after a few days. Just a given.

Yes, some people just do it as something cute to do and are perfectly responcible with the chicks as they grow. But people like the ladies family (who, I might add, expressed NO regret; either for herself or for her families actions) are the perfect example as to why this should be illegal across the board.

Same thing happens every year at christmas with puppies.Or fire works durring the 4th.
It's not the industries fault,its the irresponsible people who buy this stuff.
I don't blame Anheuser-Busch for all the drunk driving deaths or alcholics who ruin families.
I don't blame Ford for motor vehical deaths.

Lets make people take accountiblity for thier own actions.When a person buys a product and miss uses it,they alone are to blame.

Last edited:
they are trying to appeal to those little ones who go into the feed stores or where ever they sell those poor little things, so they will beg Daddy and Mommy to buy the some, then they get them home and don't know what to do with them,so most of them probably end up dying....Very sad actually..

Back
Top Bottom