Colored chicks??????

chicken burger

Songster
9 Years
Dec 12, 2010
I saw a vid on u-tube with brightly colored chicks???? This freaks me out a bit. how do they color the chicks (with food coloring?) and how do you folks feel about that?

I'm not sure if it's right?

I don't like.
swear1.gif
It does makes them look really cute which unfortunately tempts more folks who should not own chicks to buy them when their kids cry for them. If they even live (unprepared owners may not know how to care for young chicks) 50% will be males which when grow up to be roosters and more likely to be discarded.
rant.gif
No, I do not like the practice at all.

It's actually illegal in some areas to sell dyed chicks for exactly the reason mentioned above. I don't think there is anything inherently harmful about the process, but it is a shame that people will buy them thinking that they are a novelty when they have no idea how to actually raise and care for a chick.

yep, I thought so too. My first reaction was they look so cute (which everyone thinks I supposed) and then 2 seconds later I wanted to wash them! It seems to be quite common in india if you look at all the vids on u-tube. I am just worried about what they are using to color these chicks and if it's harmful to them.
hu.gif

Why would anyone do this? I don't get it...I don't think it makes them more cute. Is that what its supposed to do? I've never seen or heard of this either. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom