Colored Easter Chicks

I was looking up laws on this in Georgia an haven't found any refrence to it.
Alabama had this though

http://law.onecle.com/alabama/animals/3-1-15.html
Section 3-1-15 - Sale, offer for sale, barter, etc., of baby rabbits, chicks, ducklings, etc., as pets or novelties.

It shall be unlawful for any person, firm or corporation to display, sell, offer for sale, barter or give away any baby rabbits, or baby chicks, ducklings or other fowl, but not including parrots, parakeets and canaries, as pets or novelties, regardless of whether or not such rabbits or fowl are dyed, colored or otherwise artificially treated.

Whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished as prescribed by law.

So no sale as pets at all, colored or not.

Everyone should look up there state an post what they find.​

pop.gif

It's that time of year again.

I have the directions, but I will not post them, to many get upset with it. but in general what you do is inject die in the the egg a few days before hatch, it colors the fluff of the bird. the directions i have are from a collage. In alot of places it is illegal.

Quote:
You inject no more than 0.5cc of food coloring 1/2" from the tip of the small end of the egg. You poke a amall hole in the egg with a thumb tack and then covor the hole with parafin wax to seal it.

It is only illegal to sell them in mass numbers as a novelty pet. To inject the eggs for your own purposes and not selling them it is perfectly legal. It is listed on many State 4-H websites as a project. If you do this do it for fun and don't try to sell colored novelty chicks.

Quote:
You inject no more than 0.5cc of food coloring 1/2" from the tip of the small end of the egg. You poke a amall hole in the egg with a thumb tack and then covor the hole with parafin wax to seal it.

It is only illegal to sell them in mass numbers as a novelty pet. To inject the eggs for your own purposes and not selling them it is perfectly legal. It is listed on many State 4-H websites as a project. If you do this do it for fun and don't try to sell colored novelty chicks.

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom