Colored Egg June Adopt-An-Egg Hatch Along!

Pics
We just need @DavidReaves to do another hatch…heh heh heh…I’m a bad chicken math influence…

I definitely would have to have somewhere to rehome... my chicken tractor is only big enough for 5 hens. My wife hasn't agreed to full-scale chickens. :/

I definitely would have to have somewhere to rehome... my chicken tractor is only big enough for 5 hens. My wife hasn't agreed to full-scale chickens. :/
I put up an ad on Craigslist and have 2 potential interested parties. I’m ready to home 10 chicks, but since I filled the bator I needed backups in case I’m more successful than I anticipated. Had 2 emails in 3 days! I don’t care about making money, just want to make sure they have homes. If I could break even for cost of eggs, I’d hatch and sell every month! 😂

@Iluveggers how do you tag people for an adopt an egg hatch-a-long? figured once I get my eggs I would start mine. :)
If you know who you want to tag, you just start a thread, type your message, and then @ whoever you want to see it. 😊

OK and I contacted my local egg source and ordered 6 more eggs…🙄…Im going to squeeze as many as I can in there in anticipation of losing the buff eggs and having a couple of clears. My last hatch of 18 I had 4 clears and a day 5 quitter, so if I lose 4 I’ll have enough room for everyone else.

I think I have a little problem…

I put up an ad on Craigslist and have 2 potential interested parties. I’m ready to home 10 chicks, but since I filled the bator I needed backups in case I’m more successful than I anticipated. Had 2 emails in 3 days! I don’t care about making money, just want to make sure they have homes. If I could break even for cost of eggs, I’d hatch and sell every month! 😂

If you know who you want to tag, you just start a thread, type your message, and then @ whoever you want to see it. 😊

OK and I contacted my local egg source and ordered 6 more eggs…🙄…Im going to squeeze as many as I can in there in anticipation of losing the buff eggs and having a couple of clears. My last hatch of 18 I had 4 clears and a day 5 quitter, so if I lose 4 I’ll have enough room for everyone else.

I think I have a little problem…
A "little" problem... woman you are full tilt with the pedal all the way down🤣😉

A "little" problem... woman you are full tilt with the pedal all the way down🤣😉
Hey now, I know people who load TWO incubators and run them both so they can consolidate the good eggs at day 7 and start a new batch after the other group. I’m not at that level! 😂 I am making do with just 1 incubator! (& I want to make sure I get at least 14 so I can fulfill at least 2 of the 3 requests for chicks!) The farm I got them from also told me if I have extra roos they’ll take them back (most likely for soup, but that takes soo much pressure off of finding homes for too many boys). My FIL wants 6, hoping for at least 3 hens and he will eat any boys if he gets more than 1. (He will get preference with two Legbar pullets if I have them). Hoping if he gets 2 guaranteed pullets plus 4 straight run of the rest that he gets at least 1 more girl in that group!

This is so exciting! Having the summer off of work, I try to jam in as much fun as I can in a short amount of time! Otherwise I would probably spread things out a bit more! 😂

Hey now, I know people who load TWO incubators and run them both so they can consolidate the good eggs at day 7 and start a new batch after the other group. I’m not at that level! 😂 I am making do with just 1 incubator! (& I want to make sure I get at least 14 so I can fulfill at least 2 of the 3 requests for chicks!) The farm I got them from also told me if I have extra roos they’ll take them back (most likely for soup, but that takes soo much pressure off of finding homes for too many boys). My FIL wants 6, hoping for at least 3 hens and he will eat any boys if he gets more than 1. (He will get preference with two Legbar pullets if I have them). Hoping if he gets 2 guaranteed pullets plus 4 straight run of the rest that he gets at least 1 more girl in that group!

This is so exciting! Having the summer off of work, I try to jam in as much fun as I can in a short amount of time! Otherwise I would probably spread things out a bit more! 😂
I'm just messing with ya, lol... I'm glad you've got the roos spoken for, I just went through that and it wasn't easy but ended well. If you've got the means then tear it up, I'm here for support 😉 My husband said no incubator ever (Because he knows how very compulsive I can be 🤣) so I'll just live through all these wonderful hatch alongs until I get a broody, then it's on

I'm just messing with ya, lol... I'm glad you've got the roos spoken for, I just went through that and it wasn't easy but ended well. If you've got the means then tear it up, I'm here for support 😉 My husband said no incubator ever (Because he knows how very compulsive I can be 🤣) so I'll just live through all these wonderful hatch alongs until I get a broody, then it's on
Love it…tear it up! :gig

DH is lucky there’s no broodies…he told me I can hatch whenever I want as long as the chicks are spoken for! I’m not sure if he knows what he agreed to! Had 10 eggs hatch last time and one request unfulfilled. So until there’s no one to take them…game on! ;)

How is Minty?

Who is "Minty" you ask? ...she is my (our... @TheOddOneOut ) sweet, adopted O2 egg, of course.

You see, my logic is... since O2 is the written value of the oxygen that we breathe... . . .

Breathe... breath... . . .

We all want fresh breath... Minty, even, one might say... . . .

Mint green is a thing... O2 is an Olive egger baby... so.... . . .

MINTY FOR THE WIN!

So excited for eggs to be set - I'm here to cheer you on, Minty!

Last edited:
How is Minty?

Who is "Minty" you ask? ...she is my (our... @TheOddOneOut ) sweet, adopted O2 egg, of course.

You see, my logic is... since O2 is the written value of the oxygen that we breathe... . . .

Breathe... breath... . . .

We all want fresh breath... Minty, even, one might say... . . .

Mint green is a thing... O2 is an Olive egger baby... so.... . . .

MINTY FOR THE WIN!

So excited for eggs to be set - I'm here to cheer you on, Minty!
Yay! What a great reasoning! Best hatching cheer ever! Go Minty! (& all your brothers & sisters. Hah)

Back
Top Bottom