Columbian wyandottes

Hatches are going great. The CWs have come out of moult so fertility is back up.

Rob, how are your hatches going now? Have you settled a rooster with the hens.....
The few columbian eggs I had in this batch didn't end up being fertile, but that doesn't surprise me too much since I had just put the pair in together only a few days before I tossed some in. Will continue trying tho!

Yes! YEAH!!!! I have a bunch in the incubator. 1st set of new male 24 set 20 fertile and 2nd 38 set 30 fertile so he is doing well. Had my first set of chicks come out today so that is a good sign. Was getting worried for a bit.

Hi All, I am just now branching out from the local thread here in MI. I have a Columbian Roo for my flock, we love him, our birds are housed at a daycare and the kids can walk right up and pet Winston without an issue

Do I have a Columbian Wyandotte?

I was given a ton of bantam eggs from a fellow chicken owner that lives near me. Two of them have already hatched and I spent hours trying to research what the grey one could be. She finally gave me the actual name of the breed possibilities today, and sure enough, it's a CW!

How has everyone's breeding season gone?

Here we had over 80 chicks hatched so far and have culled down to one cockerel and four pullets. Sure would prefer to have at least three cockerels.... The next clan will be ready for review in a couple of weeks and then the season will break for the high temperatures. Fertility drops with temps over 95 degrees. May do a hatch or two I the early fall if I don't get enough SOP cockerels. Type is good on the keepers so far.
We have had unseasonable rains....11 inches one night. The tornadoes don't help either. The pens have been soggy so we are really working to keep all the flock healthy in the dry.

Back
Top Bottom