Combo playscape/coop/run is DONE!!!

ChixMama

Songster
9 Years
Jan 26, 2010
Central Texas
It's been both a fast and slow 9 weeks since the chickens came to live with us. Rain (and snow!
ep.gif
) delays slowed us down a bit, but it finally came together this past weekend and we put the final touches on it yesterday--yea!! If you've got some time you can check out my page, but below is a Reader's Digest version--
Here's a picture of what it looked like before we began:
47765_chickens-6883.jpg

Here's some pictures of the "during":
47765_coopbeak_le_coop-2.jpg

47765_coopbeak_le_coop-9.jpg

And here's some pictures of it done with the run:
47765_coopbeak_le_coop-37.jpg

47765_coopbeak_le_coop-22.jpg

47765_coopbeak_le_coop-26.jpg

Now I think I'm ready for some eggs (sometime in June)!

The End--
47765_coopbeak_le_coop-34.jpg

God that is the cutest, smartest thing I've ever seen! Talk about using space well in your yard.

AWESOME coop...plus, a thousand points for thinking creatively. I would be so proud to have made that and have it in my yard. Seriously.

Thank you all for your kind words. My daughter said this evening as she was swinging "I'm sure glad we got those chickens". When I asked her why she replied "Just think of all the fun & laughter we'd have missed out on"--and she's right
wink.png
. This has been a fun adventure...and the best part is it's only just begun!
wee.gif

Thanks, but most of the credit belongs to the generosity of the BYC-ers for sharing their coops & ideas so that all of us newbies can get started. The shared ideas on here are amazing and fun! I don't think I would have entered this adventure without this website--thanks BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom