Come hatch along with us!!! Last sets of the year! 10-18 to 11-7

Not sure if I belong here as my Bantam hens are doing the work this time...they started sitting tight on the 24th.

Welcome! I gave my broody eggs on the 23rd. Today, her hatchmate (and bestie) decided to go broody in the next nesting box over, sooooo, we split the eggs so they can brood together. :)

lol too cute. My broody is in the hospital room till her raspyness clears up. Banty cochin. She was brooding chicks that arent even hers out in the pen the bantys and chicks share. Now shes brooding my wifes little quaker parrot. lolol

Last edited:
We set 11 OE & 1 Lav. Ameraucanas from our birds on 10-21. And today we set 6 wheaton Ameraucanas & 12 BLRWs from a local breeder friend. We use an Igloo coolerbator and Rubermade coolerhatcher. Good Luck Everyone!!
thumbsup.gif

Little Wing, nice group of birds you've got going.

Is anyone else here in Sandy's path? I've been preparing for her arrival all day. Even put some emergency cages in the basement in case we need to bring the chooks inside..

Awesome, welcome to the hatch along!
Thanks, can't wait to see everyones results.
Little Wing, nice group of birds you've got going.
Is anyone else here in Sandy's path? I've been preparing for her arrival all day. Even put some emergency cages in the basement in case we need to bring the chooks inside..
Thank you. We live in Houston so we know your pain. We wish you well and "Hunker Down"
hide.gif

My eggs came yesterday! And so the mail man pulls up to my house with the box in his hand. (Its marked Fragile Hatching Eggs) He's holding it sideways, glances at the box and asks "Are you gonna have some chickens or something?" I say "Yeah, why are you holding them like that, those are babies!" He just laughed and went back to his truck. All I could do was shake my head. People who aren't chicken people just don't get it!

So I set 13 perfect eggs, and 3 slightly cracked ones. I'm actually pretty happy with them tho, their air cells look really good, many of them are even still attached. My biggest worry is that the box was also marked do not xray. Which is kind of cause to xray. So I guess we'll see how they turn out. I set them this morning.

And Yes Roxannemc- I am the same person. If you look at the other thread you will see how they turned out.

Back
Top Bottom