Come hatch along with us!!! Last sets of the year! 10-18 to 11-7

Quote:
Thanks!
smile.png
I am super stressed out about this! This is my first time too, and it was kind of last minute as my duck was killed while she was sitting on the eggs!
sad.png
But I think that this little guy will hatch!

I am setting eggs tommorow (the 30th). They are shipped Rhode Island Whites. I got 13 and all of them arrived in good condition so I hope they do well.

Shipped egg club...Sorry! just a bad joke...no such thing ..Just all of us on here who are always hatching shipped eggs even though we know its a less than good hatch..

Well the 31st, 8 of my chicken eggs i am incubating go into lock down. I've been trying to get my hatcher ready.For the past couple wks one of my BA has been thinking of going broody.She has been sitting over night on the nest for 4 nights.I know she has set all day today possible more.I have 6BA so i thought their was a new hen on nest every time i peeked in. Now i know different. I think the night of the 31st i am going to switch out the eggs putting the ones i incubated under her and let her hatch them.What are yalls thoughts on this?

HELP! CAME HOME AND CHECKED ON HEN, IT HATCHED! BUT IT WAS IN FRONT OF PUMPKIN CURLED UP AND COLD. IT WASNT CHEEPING AND NOT MOVING MUCH. I SAW ITS WING MOVE THOUGH! I PUT IT UNDER PUMPKIN AND NOW IM HOPING FOR THE BEST! WILL IT SURVIVE, DID IT JUST HATCH ( I SAW BLOOD), AND WHY DID PUMPKIN DO THAT!?
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

looks like we all are a bit off in the head..I have 22 in the Amazon aviary that will go into the bantam pen as soon as this cold snap is over and 22 in the dining room that are 1 and 2 weeks old.
The majority are bantams hatched by broody hens before I had the brood coop and a few bantams from the feed store...the rest are 7 mutts from my standards a RIR, 2 BO's and a mystery chick..
add to that the 22 under my broody hens and I think intervention is just around the corner :)
I love the bantams and couldn't resist when I saw the D'uccle chicks that were powder blue
roll.png

Klondike, oh no! Sometimes the hen just 'knows' if something's not right and boots a chick out of he nest. On the brighter side, I've had chicks recover that we're so cold they were a bit stiff! and, if she is a first time Mom, it may have been accidental that your lil guy was pushed out.

No power here now. Generator is humming away. Wind is Screaming outside my window. DH says the worst is yet to come, peaks at 1am.

Back
Top Bottom