Come See Honey! We Have A Peacock in our Yard!

Mine has 10 hens and he flirts with everything but the geese.
He is beautiful..what part of texas are you in? i live near Orange Texas i can keep an eye out for you a hen if you are close by..

Ten hens for one male peafowl is two times more than he can handle -a maximum of five.- 50 % of the eggs won't be fertile .I give my 3 years and older peacock only 4 hens. and he is successful fertilising all the eggs.

Let me rephrase that he has 10 hens to choose from i have other males
big_smile.png
remember my peafowl don't live in pens
wink.png
so they can be with whatever hen they can attract

Last edited:
Mine has 10 hens and he flirts with everything but the geese.
He is beautiful..what part of texas are you in? i live near Orange Texas i can keep an eye out for you a hen if you are close by..
Wow Zazouse! Thanks so much for offering to help me find a hen! I really need one for him to be happy! I live in Cedar Creek, TX.....about 30 miles east of Austin, TX. Please let me know if you know of anybody who might let go of just 1 hen?

Wow Zazouse! Thanks so much for offering to help me find a hen! I really need one for him to be happy! I live in Cedar Creek, TX.....about 30 miles east of Austin, TX. Please let me know if you know of anybody who might let go of just 1 hen?
Oh.....I forgot to mention...I'll be more than happy to pay for the hen if they want money for her! Thanks so much!

I will keep my eyes open but i believe you are close to Texas peafowl, Sid would most likely be able to sell you a pea hen i mean that is what he does, raise and sell.

I have a friend who has "wild" pea fowl in her yard I keep wanting to go and catch them but I know she likes them... I want peacocks so bad. I love them so so much.

It would make Zaz very sad if someone caught my peas and caged them up, they have always been free here, so please don't take them unless it is to protect them from pea jail because they are being a nusance.

Oh n
It would make Zaz very sad if someone caught my peas and caged them up, they have always been free here, so please don't take them unless it is to protect them from pea jail  because they are being a nusance.
oh no I wouldn't cage them up.. I would let them dance around and be free at my place. Her pecocks aren't really hers anyways. They where around way before she moved in to that house. She only sees them once in a great while. I suggested I'd take them off her hands when she turn and told me she really does like them around. I want peacocks. And she knows I do. I wouldn't take them unless she wanted me too.

Believe it or not, there are wild "tribes" of peafowl here in Grand Rapids Michigan
celebrate.gif
and sounds like the old man answered your prayers!
old.gif
lau.gif

Oh n
oh no I wouldn't cage them up.. I would let them dance around and be free at my place. Her pecocks aren't really hers anyways. They where around way before she moved in to that house. She only sees them once in a great while. I suggested I'd take them off her hands when she turn and told me she really does like them around. I want peacocks. And she knows I do. I wouldn't take them unless she wanted me too.
Ya know if they have been wild there a long time they may not aclamate to your place and leave to find their own home.

I started out with babies so they new where home was once i turned them loose, it took months for the first ones to leave the barn area, the next year i added more baby peas to the floks and they took to the older peas and ranged alot farther alot faster.

It is a real joy to watch them grow, i have learned so much from them. I LOVE MY PEAS
love.gif

Keep your eyes open you will find some that would work out better for you if you want peas wondering around at your place.

How much land do you have for the peas to range on?

Back
Top Bottom