Come with us on a duck walk! I found an old video featuring my drake wearing his harness and leash.

DeckDuck

Songster
7 Years
Jan 13, 2013
Hi everybody! Last night I was looking through an old external hard drive, and I found a video I made years ago that I thought had been lost forever. I'm really excited to have found it, so I thought I'd share it.

This video was made way back when I was just learning to drive (on private land), and it follows the process of taking my pet drake Casper down to the creek for a swim. He wears his harness and leash for much of it and I thought that might be of interest too. I think that harness and leash came from Nettie: https://www.etsy.com/people/PartyFowl, though she had a different store back then.

0.jpg

Ah, the good ol' days! Casper's still going strong but we haven't had time to do this very often anymore. He does walk down to the barn with me to help with horse chores though.

Last edited:
I can't see any one not loving this ! Great music for it too ! Would make a great stress reducer !
frow.gif

Thank you :) I'm glad you both liked it.

Casper is very cute, but don't let that innocent face fool you. He's also quite the little pincher!

Aww, that's adorable! I wish my house duck, Misty walked that well on her leash, I have to drag her or let her go where she thinks she wants to go! I'm hoping she'll get the hang of it sooner or later.

Thanks everybody :)

Quote:

Oh my goodness Misty is so cute! I just looked at her pictures.

What you're describing is pretty much what Casper is like on a leash, and he's had a lot of practice. So take heart! I think ducks just aren't very good with leashes. I've found that the trick is to point him in a direction that he wants to go or have him follow behind a second person. If he doesn't want to go there isn't much I can do to make him, so I just pick him up when that happens.

Back
Top Bottom