Comfort Food Faves

Thanks for trying, Cave man. But, no meat loaf recipe will come close to my Mom's! It was ambrosia, served up with boiled potatoes, and other veggies cooked to perfection, and a heap of love. Of course a good part of the experience was the SMELL in the kitchen! Sadly, she died suddenly, without any time to do those end of life things, like pass on favorite recipes.

It doesn't get as cold here as it does in other places up north in the winter. I guess that's why they like to come down here to vacation during that time. About a week ago however, it did get a bit chilly. I cooked some thin spaghetti noodles, then tossed them with some chicken and some 4 cheese alfredo sauce, with some buttered garlic bread on the side. It was soooo good!

Hey guys!

Can I play?
;)

Beef stew
Chili
Potato soup
French onion soup(although I haven't yet learned how to make it)
Definitely any breakfast food. (Especially the whole hog sausage our local fire department makes only once a year for a fundraising banquet)
Oatmeal with real maple syrup.

Roast home grown chicken with all the fixings. Complete with home made corn bread.

Home grown and processed(blanched and cut off the cob) sweet corn out of the freezer. Yum! Just like fresh!!
Also home grown green beans blanched and frozen like the corn.

Home canned peaches(taste like fresh- I don't like store bought) as a side or a dessert!

Home made and canned apple pie filling in one of many different ways. In oatmeal, over iced cream, in a pie, cobbler, or apple crisp!

Home made chicken soup with home made noodles from Great Grandma's recipe! Served over a bed of hot mashed potatoes! Makes it more filling and go farther! The soup is thickened by the flour used to roll out the noodles and depending on how thick it's made can be as thick as gravy. Of course it gets thicker every time it's eaten.

Home made jams on toast biscuits or anything else! Strawberry blueberry peach and raspberry! Hopefully next year we'll be adding to the list!

Beef pot roast.
Bacon wrapped quail
Ham glazed in sorghum and honey
Ham and bean soup(made with the remnants of the ham dinner)

Cheesecake with a banana bread crust!

Hey guys!

Can I play?
;)

Beef stew
Chili
Potato soup
French onion soup(although I haven't yet learned how to make it)
Definitely any breakfast food. (Especially the whole hog sausage our local fire department makes only once a year for a fundraising banquet)
Oatmeal with real maple syrup.

Roast home grown chicken with all the fixings. Complete with home made corn bread.

Home grown and processed(blanched and cut off the cob) sweet corn out of the freezer. Yum! Just like fresh!!
Also home grown green beans blanched and frozen like the corn.

Home canned peaches(taste like fresh- I don't like store bought) as a side or a dessert!

Home made and canned apple pie filling in one of many different ways. In oatmeal, over iced cream, in a pie, cobbler, or apple crisp!

Home made chicken soup with home made noodles from Great Grandma's recipe! Served over a bed of hot mashed potatoes! Makes it more filling and go farther! The soup is thickened by the flour used to roll out the noodles and depending on how thick it's made can be as thick as gravy. Of course it gets thicker every time it's eaten.

Home made jams on toast biscuits or anything else! Strawberry blueberry peach and raspberry! Hopefully next year we'll be adding to the list!

Beef pot roast.
Bacon wrapped quail
Ham glazed in sorghum and honey
Ham and bean soup(made with the remnants of the ham dinner)

Cheesecake with a banana bread crust!
I love canning pineapple chutney,jams, jellies, pickles, aww comfort :droollove bake goods :wee

Back
Top Bottom