Comments and reviews about peel 'n stick linoleum tiles?

for what its worth I have them in my office and hate them. what a huge mistake. cracked, faded, yellowing, lifting and all around nasty. but I suppose in a chicken coop not so bad. just use floor glue and get them stuck down.

I used peel & stick vinyl squares on part of my coop. They don't really stick that well. I picked up some tub surround adhesive and used that to stick them down. (also I applied it liberally to the seams) They work very well after the adhesive. They take a beating and stay well put now.

I did paint the plywood first with a good primer for moisture protection before laying the tile.

I went to a local carpet/tile store and asked for remnants. My coop is 4 x 4. The remnant was 4'5" square and it only cost me $5. So, I recommend you go to a carpet/tile store and ask what they have on hand that they would like to get rid of. I laid it out for a few days in my "hot" garage and then put in the coop. It stays in place just fine. If ever I need to wash & sanitize, I can just take it out and hose it down. Easy as can be.

Quote:
I'll second that. I don't know how often I have weather-abused my removable mats that I use in my horse trailer, OR the rubber feeding buckets that live outside 24/7/365. KNOW I'm considering using the vinyl remnant AND rubber mats for my building project, 2010. I know that the rubber is a natural insulator, too.

Where do you guys get rubber mats? How thick are they?

Do they come in standard sizes or can you buy it by the square foot? What do you use to trim them to the shape you want (in case you need to cut notches, etc.)?

Quote:
I also have a 4x4 elevated coop and used the cheapest tiles I could find. My experience has been fine. They've been in for over a year and nothing has lifted up or peeled off or anything. I keep a few inches of shavings over them at all times and we live in a very dry climate, so that probably helps with their longevity. Thus far, my self-adhesive vinyl tiles have held up on unpainted plywood just fine.

I used the peel and stick tile for my 2-2x4 brooder floors and painted the rest of the wood walls and such. With no extra glue my tiles are still sticking after over a year however I did use 1 inch thick plywood for the floor. Its a breeze to scoop the bedding out and give it a good wipe once a week. I have even taken the whole thing outside and hosed it down. My first brooder was 5 ft L by 3ft Deep and about 3 ft high I did the tiles on the wall about 1 ft up and they didn't stick because the plywood used for the walls was just cheap and far too thin.

I used them too...Chickens moved into the coop about 5 days ago...they are stuck but time will tell...
The box consisting of 45 squares (12 x 12 inches) costed 16 bucks..

64845_coop_inside.jpg

It's a long time since I've used them but back in the day they should have called them 'stick & peel', because you'd stick them on and then the next day they'd have peeled themselves off, except for the one that you wanted to take off which was obviously the only one that was given the right amount of the right glue and it never comes off and you end up scraping at it with a chisel for weeks.

I know that hasn't helped but I've been waiting for twenty odd years to have a rant about sticky floor tiles, so it's helped me.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom