I feed my hens a lot of vegetable matter, melons , mealworms, etc, and scratch, but also the commercial grower or layer ration When they spill that commercial stuff and it is rainy and wet it molds on the ground wherever it spills forming huge cotton ball like tufts of mold, I bleach it and rake it into the ground. The scratch does not seem to mold it just grows sprouts which they eat. QUESTION : If I feed fish meal, wheat oats, etc .....my own mix rather than the commercial stuff will those things mold if spilled if it is wet or rainy or humid ( as it always is in SC this year ) . ?? It seems that only the commercial feed molds when spilled of what I use, so I would go to the entire make your own feed plan if the ingredients would not do the same.