Common quail chick

Within sight but separate from your others might work, if you have some way to do that. Probably be better than a mirror and I would guess may make it easier if you integrate them when it’s bigger... as for feeding, if you’ve got access to live bugs as she has been doing, or perhaps even pieces of dried mealworm, it might work. 🤔 maybe it doesn’t recognize crumb as food, since instinctually they eat a lot of bugs as babies for their protein requirements and then transition to being granivores that still eat bugs when adults. Lol. Any eating is a great sign though so yay!! :D

She is a monster, seriously 😂😂 today i found a grasshopper more than an inch long. And i crushed its head(gross🤢) so it was semi dead. I thought i would have to make the bug into pieces yo feed her, but as soon as she saw it she ate it in a single bite😂 it was really big bug my chicks dare not touch a bug this big😂😂. And i dont know how she swallowed it. After that she ate 2 more big crickets. And now she is full and sleeping.

Although there are plenty of bugs around here but finding bugs is not as easy as it seems. It was really hard finding insects. Today i spent more than 2 hours to find only these bugs. IMG20200823114641.jpg
Majority were crickets some flying-ants and many more. They should suffice for today and tomorrow. I hurt my hand two times while catching them.

Although there are plenty of bugs around here but finding bugs is not as easy as it seems. It was really hard finding insects. Today i spent more than 2 hours to find only these bugs. View attachment 2302400
Majority were crickets some flying-ants and many more. They should suffice for today and tomorrow. I hurt my hand two times while catching them.

I hope she appreciates them! 😂

Yeah she appreciated them, and ate all of them in just an hour 😂😂
I thought they would go for a day but she ate all of them in an hour. I don't understand where she puts them in. I must have to find some alternative. Any ideas guys???
You might try mixing the bugs in with the food you give the rest of your quail. She might get the idea that that is food too.

You might try mixing the bugs in with the food you give the rest of your quail. She might get the idea that that is food too.
Yes i tried this, but she only eats insects. She did eat some of the wheat grains that i crushed with a stone. But only once, not again

Guys i was really very suspicious about this bird. It looked very different from common quail chick. It has three toes, so it was looking very different. And common quail chick donot have blach beak. So after a thorough search on internet i have come to know that this chick is not at all related to quails. This is a common buttonquail or Andalusian torillo( different from the button quail that we keep as they are really quails). This bird is more closely related to cranes and lapwings and sandpipers as it says. andalusian-hemipode.jpg IMG_20200824_134659.jpg IMG_20200824_134646.jpg IMG_20200824_134601.jpg IMG_20200824_134601.jpg IMG_20200824_134440.jpg IMG_20200824_134349.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom