Common quail chick

I was taking these pics of the chick to show how tiny it is. IMG20200822201914.jpg
And i discovered that she doesn't have fourth toe on her feet. IMG20200822202852.jpg
Amazing huh!!!

She wasn't eating the chick feed or mashed boiled egg yolk.
While she was on the floor(during the photoshoot 😜), an insect diverted her attention and she ran after it. And then, she started chasing insects. IMG_20200822_205421.jpg IMG_20200822_205440.jpg IMG_20200822_205552.jpg
I think she only eats insects at this age(or insect is their regular diet). She was sleepy maybe because it is night time. But now shes active and running. But i am worried about whether she can live alone or not.

I don't know, I think your guess is as good as mine. Maybe a week old or so? She's so small.
I don't know how you would make her less lonely. Last time I had a lonely chick I carried it around everywhere and it seemed to like the new envirnoments, but it was already two weeks old when the other chick died. Do you not have any other chicks you can put her in with? I'm sorry I can't give more insight.

I don't know, I think your guess is as good as mine. Maybe a week old or so? She's so small.
I don't know how you would make her less lonely. Last time I had a lonely chick I carried it around everywhere and it seemed to like the new envirnoments, but it was already two weeks old when the other chick died. Do you not have any other chicks you can put her in with? I'm sorry I can't give more insight.
I have japanese chicks but they are way bigger than her. And they are afraid too

I don't know how i am going to deal with her. Now shes sleeping. I'll think tomorrow morning what should i do. I can't keep her always with me. Will the mirror idea work???

my sugestion is to keep her warm and something like fur or wool to tuck herself in it and point your finger at the quail feed or water to encourage her to eat and drink and i think she looks so small because she's wild where their habitat might not have enough protein source maybe..or is a common quail..and if you have a small cage but her inside and put her along with the cage to your quail's brooder..they all are quail and should be getting along with each other..its just that your quails are terrified to see quail not from their flock..give it a try with this😉

my sugestion is to keep her warm and something like fur or wool to tuck herself in it and point your finger at the quail feed or water to encourage her to eat and drink and i think she looks so small because she's wild where their habitat might not have enough protein source maybe..or is a common quail..and if you have a small cage but her inside and put her along with the cage to your quail's brooder..they all are quail and should be getting along with each other..its just that your quails are terrified to see quail not from their flock..give it a try with this😉
She is a common quail

I have put her in a cloth in my room. It is hot here so brooder is not needed. And my chicks are by now 2_3 weeks old. And way bigger than her.

i think she looks so small because she's wild where their habitat might not have enough protein source maybe
She's naturally small i think. We live in a desert, and currently it is Monsoon rainy season, so there are a lot and lot of bugs. I don't think it had any protein shortage.
She's very cute and lovely. I shall have to find some bugs for her tomorrow morning since she is not interested in chick feed or grains(millet). She likes only ants

put her along with the cage to your quail's brooder..they all are quail and should be getting along with each other..its just that your quails are terrified to see quail not from their flock..
I have planned to keep them separate for a while untill she gets better and bigger. Then i will slowly introduce her to them.i think if i put then together now, they will learn that she's weak and bully her. I dont have a separate cage for her.

Back
Top Bottom