Comparing the Topsy Turvey tomato planter with my other tomato plants.

I have 3. One for tomatoes. one for cucumbers and one for bell peppers.
Cucumbers died. The other 2 are not growing like it was advertised.

Oh, well, my garden is growing quite well. Good thing I didnt only do topsy turvies!
big_smile.png

I bought one at Home Depot because I was stuck in an apartment for a few weeks (traveling with my husband for work) and I was getting impatient to get my vegetable garden started. So far, my Topsy Turvy tomato plant is doing great...it has a bunch of tomatoes on it and I keep seeing more blooms. It looks better than the ones in my traditional garden, however, I planted them a lot later. If you do buy one, though, be sure to get it at a store (I know Home Depot and Wal-Mart sell them for $9.99) instead of from the infomercial. I've heard that they cheat you on shipping!

My husband put two on the front of our shed...the first tomatoes on one of them had blossom end rot and I had to throw them away before they ever ripened. The new ones coming on now look great. I've got about 15 more tomatoes in my garden box that look great, but no tomatoes coming on yet. I think my husband OD's them with Miracle Grow. I prefer to use compost tea and buried eggs, and we fight over it every year, lol. I started the ones in the garden box from seed early this spring, and the ones in the Topsy Turvey's are nursery plants, and they are much bigger than the ones in the garden box.

Back
Top Bottom