computer help

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lorieMN, Jun 15, 2010.

1. lorieMN

lorieMN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    I downloaded a new norton and now my camara program wont work,it used to just be I plug in the usb and the program would just come up on the screen,now nothing,and I even uninstalled the program and reinstalles it and still nothing..any one have any ideas,,I am thinking of uninstalling the norton,my friend told me to use a windows antivirus instead,he said its much better but I cannot remember which one he said so I need to get ahold of him

2. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    I use AVG

3. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    What photo program are you using? I am using Snapfish and am having the same problem. Only it wasn't because of my Antivirus. It just started not working, for no apparent reason. I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. So I'll be watching this thread! [​IMG]

4. lorieMN

lorieMN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    Ms.FuzzyButts :

What photo program are you using? I am using Snapfish and am having the same problem. Only it wasn't because of my Antivirus. It just started not working, for no apparent reason. I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. So I'll be watching this thread! [​IMG]

one that came with the computer,,a windows version..and I tried the one for the camara,coolpix,and that one doesnt respond either..​

5. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Norton comes with a ridiculous firewall. Uninstall it and get AVG like another poster suggested. http://free.avg.com/

6. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Call Norton support. Yes, they are in India, but they speak English well and REALLY know what they are doing. Ignore anything that says there's a fee, there isn't (just don't bring that up). I've used Norton for many years and am very loyal to them based in a big part on their phone tech support. They will walk you through troubleshooting and fixing the problem. Sometimes they can even take over your pc (with your permission) and you can watch as they magically fix it while you sit there on the phone with them. I wouldn't mess around with anything until you try them. Not sure of their number off hand, but I'm sure you can get it from Symantic.com.

7. chickenwhisperer

chickenwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    Chicken Country, U S A
    AVG is Da Bomb!

8. Chook-A-Holic

Chook-A-Holic Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Central, N.C.
  9. girlychick

girlychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:We used to use AVG its a great program! But now we use Windows live one care I recomend that, it will ask you if you allow the program or sense that you use it regularly its a great program! But unfortunately its only for quest users, I though I would suggest it encase you are

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2010
  10. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    I use AVG along with Mozilla as a browser with the NoScript addon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by