Concerned and awaiting USPS Delivery-edit: Got the ducklings. No worries

Better news, they apparently departed the regional distribution center,Greeville SC, before midnight last night according to tracking. That puts them 90 miles away. It going to be really cold tonight ( in the 20s) so there is hope they’ll show up before that.
did you contact your PO and tell them to please call as soon as they are delivered? Last I ordered they called me at 6:30 am to tell me they were ready for pick up.

They’re here! And so glad. Tonight will be down in the 20s.

Two Blue Sweds, two Pekin, and a spare. Not sure what it is. It’s as big as the Pekins and slightly different markings than the Sweds
View attachment 2628119
Congratulations! I am waiting on pins and needles for an order from Cackle as well. Nerve wracking!😊

Our ducks shipped yesterday, and while Cackle in Missouri basically said that shipping updates may not be accurate, there is a winter storm and it says they are still in Kansas City, and won’t arrive until Friday.

I’m concerned they won’t survive and that makes me so sad.

What is the longest shipping time others have had with success?
I don't blame you one bit for being concerned . I had hatching eggs stuck in Wisconsin It took 8 days for them to get here and they were shipped priority mail by the shipper . with chicks that is even worse . Hope all goes well .

Maybe it’s just older then the others? It does look like their blue Swedish ducklings.
It probably hatched out of a larger egg. They grow to whatever size fits in their egg, then hatch, then grow to whatever adult size their genes and environment allow.

It should not be much older than the others: the Post Office requires baby poultry to be less than 24 hours old when shipped, because they have to survive on the yolk sac until they arrive, and that is all absorbed in just a few days.

Back
Top Bottom