Concrete Sand: Crushed Clayton Blue Rock for Chicken Run?

GloriousNorious

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2021
Hello,

I have reached out to nearby quarries for river sand or bank run sand. One company got back to me saying they have a manufactured sand from crushed clayton blue rock which they import from Hansen Quarry. (Nor Cal area) I'm not familiar with what this all means (see picture below) but it does say concrete sand so I'm guessing it's safe.

My question is, is this material suitable and safe for a chicken run? From my understanding, medium to coarse is best and if it's all good, I can check it out myself when I go in to pick up.

Thank you in advance for your help and guidance!

- GloriousNorious

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210608-112707_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210608-112707_Drive.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Hello,

I have reached out to nearby quarries for river sand or bank run sand. One company got back to me saying they have a manufactured sand from crushed clayton blue rock which they import from Hansen Quarry. (Nor Cal area) I'm not familiar with what this all means (see picture below) but it does say concrete sand so I'm guessing it's safe.

My question is, is this material suitable and safe for a chicken run? From my understanding, medium to coarse is best and if it's all good, I can check it out myself when I go in to pick up.

Thank you in advance for your help and guidance!

- GloriousNorious
Yes I’m guessing so.

Back
Top Bottom