Confession: I'm an egg giving snob!

Quote:
so, is it working for ya?
lol.png

Office coworkers know I am the resident "farm" girl and have
D.gif
My rule of thumb for coworkers is this.. If you think of me before throwing out that empty egg carton
clap.gif
and bring it to me at work, I offer a full carton in return when I have extras. I keep a mental list of who I have given eggs too and all have followed up with either questions or wanted to tell me how different they are from store bought and appreciated. I offer out of friendship and don't take it any further
smile.png
If they are baked in yummy treats or scrambled I figure how a person enjoys their farm fresh eggs is up to them. I bake, and here I sit
caf.gif
with a very yellow blueberry muffin and love'n it.

Quote:
lol.png

I can neither confirm nor deny your inquiry at this time.

*orp thinks to self, 'hmm, should I choose the possibility that he does not kiss and tell, or should I guess that he has absolutely no results, so is choosing culpable deniability, claiming statistically invalid data?*

Let's go with the first choice.
smile.png

oh, and I forgot to say, I give my eggs to people who either love the taste or can tell which of my chooks laid which egg by the look. Those are real egg officianados!

Quote:
My answer to the friend with "baking to do" would have been "Oh that's great, I'd LOVE some home baked goodies!!"
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
lol.png

I can neither confirm nor deny your inquiry at this time.

Yeah that's what we thought!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
wee.gif

Hmm. I have four Leghorn pullets coming, and four others, plus I already own five hens who are at point of lay . . . by July, I will be leaving eggs on my neighbors's front porches, ringing the bell, and running away, I think.

I eat very few eggs but I feed many to my two Pugs and my Chihuahua. When I have too many I take a dozen of the latest ones and put them in a carton, and leave them for my mail carrier. She is good about leaving empty cartons. I've mentioned to her that I would not be insulted if she fed them to her dogs either...I like dogs, so does she.

She and her husband have a farm and last summer and fall about once a week fresh veggies would appear in or by my mailbox. We gift one another...it is a good feeling.
Terry in Tennessee

Back
Top Bottom