Confession: I'm an egg giving snob!

I've been missing work because of illness and had alot of extra eggs, so to thank my co workers for pitching in to cover for me, I've been bringing in alot of deviled eggs, which seem to evaporate. I use just mayo and a tiny bit of mustard and no salt, sprinkle a little paprika, nothing fancy at all. Of course they are yummy because they are fresh eggs.

My co-worker who came up to me today and said to me "I have to get your recipe for deviled eggs!" got the dozen eggs I brought in today. I gave them to her (free) and today I found three dollars from her in my inbox.

I'm that way about everything -- fabric, jelly, tomatoes. I don't even share the names of great old movies with folks I don't think will appreciate it very much.

Makes sense to me!
Jenny

I don't sell my eggs or my honey! They are my gifts to special people and loved ones. People who don't understand or appreciate the labor of love that goes into each egg or jar of honey, or that wouldn't know the difference between fresh and store bought JUNK--do NOT get any!

I am having the same egg snob problem as ours are starting to lay. I think some are thinking "Oh! We can get free eggs from Jen!" and don't appreciate what they are wanting. I am right now trying to figure out how to use a dozen eggs or so a day so we don't get piled up and I have an excuse not to give them away. Part of me says it is my hard work and dedication to my ladies that got those eggs, why should I just give them to anyone who asks?

I just might fry some up for the 2 dogs and 2 cats to enjoy every day and not give any away!
smile.png

If my boys were here all year long, I would have no problem with using a dozen eggs a day but... they are with their dad
sad.png
and only here in the summer. I don't think I can keep eggs from now till June!
lol.png

I'm a little confused as how someone could bake a store bought cake with eggs. I guess that means from a mix? I do like baked goods better from my girl's eggs and my family appreciates my key lime pie. They are impressed with how orange it looks from the dark yolks.

To show his appreciation, my nephew even brought a hostess gift for my girls the last time he came: grasshoppers that he caught at grandma's. The girls loved them.

My 6 girls started laying the end of August last year and with 3 of us we can't use all the eggs, they sometimes pile up. So I have been generous in giving them to some close friends and family. But when I mentioned to my Mom & sister that I might start charging, since my hubby & I have had salary cuts & the costs do add up, my sister said "Well, I'll take any you want to give me, but I won't pay for them." Uhhh, wrong answer...no more eggs sis!!
sad.png
I would never charge my Mom, she does too much for us
smile.png
, and probably wouldn't have my sister, but that hit me wrong!

And another very good friend that I have been generous giving eggs to has started asking me for them, "if you have some to spare, I have some baking to do this weekend." That kind of hit me wrong too. I told her last week, after buying feed, scratch, grit & shavings in one trip ($$) that I am going to have to start charging, but she'd get the "friend" discount. I feel bad, but I'm the one out there every morning & evening & longer on weekends making sure the girls are clean & happy!
hmm.png

I agree with all posts. Appreciation factor is HUGE
smile.png
All recipients must show some kind understanding and acknowledgement in order to continue receiving.

Back
Top Bottom