Confirmation of bumblefoot.....?

I notice that in the first picture, there is a small brown pointy-looking item protruding from you duck’s foot near the tip of your ring finger. Is it possibly a sticker or splinter? I’m not saying no to bumblefoot and would concur with Miss Lydia about treating it before it progresses, but could the limp be coming from a thorn?
I’m not sure I’m seeing what you’re seeing. I did not notice any thorn protruding. That’s probably just the dirt under the tip of my polish chipped corner of my finger honestly haha

I notice that in the first picture, there is a small brown pointy-looking item protruding from you duck’s foot near the tip of your ring finger. Is it possibly a sticker or splinter? I’m not saying no to bumblefoot and would concur with Miss Lydia about treating it before it progresses, but could the limp be coming from a thorn?
Ohhh wait wait wait zoom is my friend. I think I see what you mean. I did not see any thorn type things upon that inspection, I think that’s just a small piece of straw stuck to her foot. But I will
Double check that tomorrow morning. Thanks for the eye!!

Ohhh wait wait wait zoom is my friend. I think I see what you mean. I did not see any thorn type things upon that inspection, I think that’s just a small piece of straw stuck to her foot. But I will
Double check that tomorrow morning. Thanks for the eye!!
Probably nothing, but maybe worth a look. My own feet and hands are very sensitive and even the tiniest spine or pokey thing can really aggravate me. The bumblefoot is definitely something to take care of while it isn’t too bad, since it only gets harder to treat if left to progress. Miss Lydia gave good advice on treatment.

Probably nothing, but maybe worth a look. My own feet and hands are very sensitive and even the tiniest spine or pokey thing can really aggravate me. The bumblefoot is definitely something to take care of while it isn’t too bad, since it only gets harder to treat if left to progress. Miss Lydia gave good advice on treatment.
I ran to the store right away for clear iodine and she already got her first soak last night! I just got over having to treat infection in another duck, and angel wing in another. Trying to get rid of the bumble ASAP!! I’ve basically turned into a duck doc this spring lol

I had one case of bumble in a chicken an one in a Runner so far, the Runner had to go to the vet I had never seen a bumble like she had. It’s amazing what we can do when we have too isn’t it.
And you know what cracks me up people say ducks are soooo easy too. I started with my first ducks just shy of a year ago and have had nothing but issue after issue after issue! I think I’ve knocked out just about every problem a duck can come up with in less than a year!

And you know what cracks me up people say ducks are soooo easy too. I started with my first ducks just shy of a year ago and have had nothing but issue after issue after issue! I think I’ve knocked out just about every problem a duck can come up with in less than a year!
:yuckyuckHad to laugh we tend to get experienced pretty quick. Good thing they are lovable!

Back
Top Bottom