Confounded by Sicilian buttercup chicks shunning their heat cave

Pics
Souffles! Have not done that yet!
I love doing souffle!

4FFFABE4-92EA-4604-AD0D-6FB5AA07B1C7.jpeg

Just when you thought there couldn't be anything new in the life of the Buttercups to report, this morning Scotty achieved the full crow she has been working on for a few weeks now.

I have had three or four hens that crowed, one being able to mimic perfectly a rooster crow, Scotty's crow is somewhere in the mid-range of accuracy. She makes a lot of noise during the crescendo, doesn't really have the same buildup as a rooster, but the outro is spot on and no mistaking what her intention is.

Making a name for herself, Scotty is. She's now on the list of achieving hens.

Made a trip to the feed store today for some feed and discovered this list posted in the feed area. Smart sales tactic, huh? Being on this thread, anyone care to guess what has caught my eye and put a smile on my face?!?! I'm already thinking about some royal names to go with those adorable crowns ...... Lilibet and Dutchess?!?!
@azygous has introduced us to some cutie patooties and now we all need some Buttercups in our lives 💜

View attachment 2991009
@HeatherKellyB , did you get yourself some little flowers of your own? (I realize the AI issue in your area may have altered your plans.)

I was looking for somewhere to post this, and this thread might be it. I have just one Buttercup pullet from Murray McMurray. She is 12 weeks. At first I thought she was just built much lighter than the other chickens, but I do think her spine is crooked, what do you think? She definitely does not look as robust as the other pics on this thread! For my purposes, it doesn't matter really. To me she looks like a chic Italian woman constantly shrugging off her expensive coat... Where do you all get your beautiful Buttercup chicks from? I'm in SoCal.

Also, if her spine is crooked, should I reach out to Murray McMurray and ask for a credit for the future do you think, or is that nit-picking and cruel to them given their current troubles?

Attachments

• PXL_20220518_151032338.jpg
    PXL_20220518_151032338.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20220518_151018745.jpg
    PXL_20220518_151018745.jpg
    871.6 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20220518_151028756.jpg
    PXL_20220518_151028756.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
I would think the hatchery would appreciate the feedback regarding a genetic flaw so they can adjust their breeding program. It's worth a shot.

I got mine on the last day of Chick Days last August at Tractor Supply. The manager needed to get rid of all the leftover chicks so she gave these two to me free.

A little birdy told me that a V.I.P. on this thread has a birthday tomorrow.🎂🎁🎉( June 11) And not just any birthday, but one ending in "0". With an "8" in front of the "0". Despite that number, tomorrow's birthday girl is still sharp as a tack and can still lift 50 pounds! Happy birthday @azygous (Carol). May you have many many more!

Back
Top Bottom