Connecticut!

frow.gif

Not to butt in but, Jimmy will agree with me I'm sure. It is not good to have an Orpington ever lay any color egg except Creamy White or Tan. Some of the lavenders do lay green or blue eggs but, most likely you have a cull of a breeder bird. The reason I say this is b/c none of us want that in our lines therefore we sell the bird not to incourage the green egg gene. I had two girls two years ago and have since sold them. None of my birds lay green eggs anymore and Hope they never do! I have Araucana's to give me the beautiful Blue and Green eggs
wink.png

Now just be clear and not sound like I'm being dissrepectful, I bet your girl is beautiful and you love her. Therefore at the end of the day that is all that matters! As long as you do not intend on breeding its great your able to have the best of both worlds. But serious breeders like Jimmy, his daughter Debbie, and Myself we just cannot accept that due to your breeding program and dedication to improvement of the breed.

Take Care,
Beth

Why did you sell it?
A fluffy, lavender girl laying blue eggs sounds adorable!

Tuscan Oven in Norwalk or Mt Kisco, family owned by the Pirraglia family, exceptional menu, superb wines, well-trained wait staff. Separate rooms for parties. http://www.tuscanoven.com/

Hey CT people! I'm originally from CT - then moved all around and am in NY!

My family is still in CT and I need to plan a baby shower for my sister who is due in April. Could anyone recommend any places (restaurant or hall) near Stamford/Greenwich/Norwalk?

Much appreciated! If I leave this up to my mom it will be some old school Italian thing in someone's living room, and after my sister's bridal shower - I just don't want to do that again. There's only so much baked ziti one can eat.
tongue.png

Last edited:
Mauve is actually not a reckognized color. It is actually a diluted Chocolate. It happens when you cross a True chocolate Orpington with a blue or splash Colored OrpingtonThe blue and splash act a dilutant and produce a mauve colored offspring. However, I do not believe once produced it will ever reproduce true again.

I don't even know that you can consider it a Project color since it will not breed true. But, chocolates do and are very nice
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Does anyone have a Mauve Orpie? While doing my research I came across a picture. Quite unusual but attractive none the less.

frow.gif

Not to butt in but, Jimmy will agree with me I'm sure. It is not good to have an Orpington ever lay any color egg except Creamy White or Tan. Some of the lavenders do lay green or blue eggs but, most likely you have a cull of a breeder bird. The reason I say this is b/c none of us want that in our lines therefore we sell the bird not to incourage the green egg gene. I had two girls two years ago and have since sold them. None of my birds lay green eggs anymore and Hope they never do! I have Araucana's to give me the beautiful Blue and Green eggs
wink.png

Now just be clear and not sound like I'm being dissrepectful, I bet your girl is beautiful and you love her. Therefore at the end of the day that is all that matters! As long as you do not intend on breeding its great your able to have the best of both worlds. But serious breeders like Jimmy, his daughter Debbie, and Myself we just cannot accept that due to your breeding program and dedication to improvement of the breed.

Take Care,
Beth
beth is 100% right you do not want any orps laying blue green eggs if i get another one i will pm you an send it you way if you just want one for eggs.

Beth, sorry if I confused you. I do not have a lavender that lays blue eggs. The one I have I actually got from Jim. She lays gorgeous tan eggs!
I see your point about preserving the characteristics of the breed.

Jim, yes mine are just pets. I do not have the resources to breed them. So I would not reject an orpie
love.gif
Although any rare trait would most definitely become extinct in my care...
By teh way, I recall you telling me that your lavenders were very sweet. Heck, the lavender I got from you is the sweetest and most personable of all! A puppy in feathers...

No need to be sorry. I've seen quite a few people on here that have them and unless you research it you don't know that it's not a desirable trait. That's all, and I know they are out there I just hope they become extinct like you were referring to below
wink.png

Lav girls are very very sweet!

Beth, sorry if I confused you. I do not have a lavender that lays blue eggs. The one I have I actually got from Jim. She lays gorgeous tan eggs!
I see your point about preserving the characteristics of the breed.

Jim, yes mine are just pets. I do not have the resources to breed them. So I would not reject an orpie
love.gif
Although any rare trait would most definitely become extinct in my care...
By teh way, I recall you telling me that your lavenders were very sweet. Heck, the lavender I got from you is the sweetest and most personable of all! A puppy in feathers...

Back
Top Bottom