Connecticut!

BTW if anyone is interested I have a Trio of Bantam Cochins listed for sale on the auction forum
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/621101/trio-of-blue-black-bantam-cochins-located-in-ct
big_smile.png

Jim, yes mine are just pets. I do not have the resources to breed them. So I would not reject an orpie
love.gif
Although any rare trait would most definitely become extinct in my care...
By teh way, I recall you telling me that your lavenders were very sweet. Heck, the lavender I got from you is the sweetest and most personable of all! A puppy in feathers...

I have two lavenders from Jim and mine too are sweet as can be. I love them to bits. Though Extra Crispy rules the coop with an iron fist.

I have two lavenders from Jim and mine too are sweet as can be. I love them to bits. Though Extra Crispy rules the coop with an iron fist.
thanks guys but debbie aka little blue gets all the credit.she decides witch birds she keeps an breeds an spends all the time raising an handle them.she feeds an waters them on her own 2.in fact i have not even bought chicken feed or goat feed sence july she buys them all herself an she goes trough 50lbs of goat feed an around 75lbs of chicken feed a week.all i do is build coops carry feed an help cleaning coops.she is a very hard worker an lovers her birds alot.she lost one the other day an my wife found her holding it out on the side of the garage crying they are all her babies.an she is so excited for hatching season she loves hatching chicks an saving money lol.you dont have to spend much time with her to relize she is very shy an quite but knows alot about her birds an is about as sweet as they come.

Got 7 eggs yesterday and one of them was green/blue! I'm so excited that Hootie, my EE laid an egg. It seems like they go through a period of being really chatty and suddenly over-friendly towards me before they start laying eggs.

beautiful eggs and a very pretty shade of green, don't you just love the variety of shapes,sizes and colors that we get from our girls!
Got 7 eggs yesterday and one of them was green/blue! I'm so excited that Hootie, my EE laid an egg. It seems like they go through a period of being really chatty and suddenly over-friendly towards me before they start laying eggs.

I do love the variety, and my camera really doesn't do them justice! Got a huge torpedo one from my Golden Laced Wyandotte a little while ago. It was interesting watching her lay the egg. She would pick up wood shavings and carefully place them on her bald spot on her back, as tho she was trying to cover it up. Many of my poor girls look partially plucked on their backs, poor things! I have others that love to dust bathe in the wood shavings and then everyone crowds around to pick the shavings off. Silly birds! I love them so!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom