Connecticut!

6 is a nice number, and that's a nice mix
thumbsup.gif

We started with 4, 2 was our personal favorite number, we currently enjoy 3.
Yes, I heard the rumors of snow - don't know if it will stick though.
We actually love snow.
cool.png

My clear tarp promptly arrived today from mytarp.com!!!
Fasted delivery ever received. Will put it up tomorrow afternoon.
wee.gif
D.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif

6 is a nice number, and that's a nice mix
thumbsup.gif

We started with 4, 2 was our personal favorite number, we currently enjoy 3.
Yes, I heard the rumors of snow - don't know if it will stick though.
We actually love snow.
cool.png

My clear tarp promptly arrived today from mytarp.com!!!
Fasted delivery ever received. Will put it up tomorrow afternoon.
wee.gif
D.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
is it as clear as advertised?

I hope your clear tarp is as clear as they say..I ordered over 100$ worth of "clear tarps" last spring for this winter, forget the company, but the price was reasonable,,they aren't as "clear" as clear shower curtains:( They are a tad cloudy, and have reinforced (string I guess you'd call it?) thru out the tarping itself...I am rather disappointed, but I didn't want to send back a 30lb box:( So I have them on one long side of my run, (22 ft) and one short side,,will use again, heavy duty clear shower curtains for one side..

As an added note, I am STILL trying to rehome my friendly almost 5mth old wheaten ameracuna roo, Coco...I can't have two roosters:( He's gorgeous, friendly, easy to handle, up to date on vacs, purchased from a breeder (no he is NOT a game bird, tho he looks gamey)...Has green legs:) He is FREE to a GOOD HOME, not to be used for food or fighting obviously:) I am located in Old Lyme, my email is [email protected]

When I had Wyandotts, I found that they were the best foragers. Alway came back with a full crop. depending on color they could have good camouflage. They say the white or black and white striped birds are the easiest for hawks to see and the first to get picked off.

Thanks :) I hadn't considered Wyandottes before. Decided to get:
1 Australorp
1 Buff Orpington
2 Cuckoo Marans
2 Columbian Wyandotte and
2 Silver Laced Wyandotte

Now to wait for April 7th. Hopefully by then these ladies (my current 6 that hatched mid-May) will have started laying!

Last edited:
I find that oak leaves reduce odor around my ducks' swim pans. I keep it fairly clean, but in the warm weather, biological activity can try to get ahead of me. The oak leaves just keep things pleasant. Earthy, not like rotten eggs.

Thanks
smile.png
I hadn't considered Wyandottes before. Decided to get:
1 Australorp
1 Buff Orpington
2 Cuckoo Marans
2 Columbian Wyandotte and
2 Silver Laced Wyandotte

Now to wait for April 7th. Hopefully by then these ladies (my current 6 that hatched mid-May) will have started laying!
The Blue lace red, or gold laced might have better camouflage, than the silver, but silver are pretty and they all are great birds. Mine was a sweet heart. I miss her and when I have a bigger coop I'll get another.

I'm using them as deep litter in my coop this year. Free is good! :) and they should make fabulous garden compost come spring.

Be carefull not to use alot of those leaves they get soiled and damp quick I used them last year wasn't pleased,also not good for garden they are very acidic.My yard is loaded with oak trees and acorns,every year I have too lime the hell out of it to lower the acid levels.

Back
Top Bottom