Connecticut!

Hello everyone, Have been lurking and not posting lately. Hope everyone's keeping cool in the heat. I am looking to pick up a few more chicks. I contacted Cameron Family farm but they had said their next two hatches are sold out and I don't want to wait much longer to get them. I might be able to see if they have overstock. Does anyone have any other local sources? Standard/Large breed only: Orphington, brahma, maran, wayandotte, australorp are the ones I am interested in. Thanks, Adam
Hi! If you're looking for LF Orpingtons, I would contact littleblue here. For Australorps PM me, I don't think he's on BYC

Hello everyone, Have been lurking and not posting lately. Hope everyone's keeping cool in the heat. I am looking to pick up a few more chicks. I contacted Cameron Family farm but they had said their next two hatches are sold out and I don't want to wait much longer to get them. I might be able to see if they have overstock. Does anyone have any other local sources? Standard/Large breed only: Orphington, brahma, maran, wayandotte, australorp are the ones I am interested in. Thanks, Adam
Hi! If you're looking for LF Orpingtons, I would contact littleblue here. For Australorps PM me, I don't think he's on BYC.

Hi! If you're looking for LF Orpingtons, I would contact littleblue here. For Australorps PM me, I don't think he's on BYC.

Hi joony - and welcome!
You can give them frozen fruits/veggies to pick at.
I hose down the yard and patio in the morning so there are drippy wet places all afternoon. I let them free range instead of being cooped up so they can go under shady bushes and in deep cool dirt holes.
My hose nozzle head has a mist option, when we had a heat wave last summer I propped it up & open and it was misting a large area for the few hottest hours of the day. I also have dunked them in water at the start of the day so their feathers were wet & cool (and dried by the end of the hot day).
Ice cubes in the water, and a change of water at least twice (I only have 2). After they've gone to sleep, put fresh water in so they can wake up to a fresh drink.

Stay cool!
cool.png

Hello my fellow Connecticites(?),
Wondering how you are all fairing in this lovely May heat?
Does anyone have advise on how to keep my girls cooled down, they are panting
and while they are not in direct sun, the air just isn't moving enough to make them comfortable :-(
Cheers,
Wendy

lol i have no problem throwing one if all goes well, I got 3 acres to use up, If i knew for sure id hatch a bunch of chicks and give em away to you guys on ur way out
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
, a nice camp fire ,huge barbeque , i have a 29 ft round pool with a connected deck, a 1/4 acre garden ,a nice vineyard, and over 25 different fruit trees on the property (plums, peaches, apples, pears nectarines, oranges, have a green house tour, ill let the girls loose all over, etc!! I used to do it for the 4th every year, but haven't in about 5, lol Imagine the cops coming "officer this is a chicken loving cult"
gig.gif
lau.gif

Aldo
Just your description of the surroundings alone makes me want this gathering to be happening already!
wee.gif

Well, there's something to look forward to, when you get over the medical hurdles (maybe incentive to heal?)

Hi all,

I have 2 purebred Chocolate Wyandotte cockerels (approx 12 weeks old-) that were shipped to me mistakenly as pullets. They are nice, but just started their attempts at crowing, so they are definitely NOT pullets. Anyone interested in them? Any idea if 4H would possibly want them?

Hi Everyone!

I'm from New Hartford, and very new to chickens. We have a small flocks of Icelandics, 3 roosters (I know, but they're still young) and 4 hens. They're 11 weeks old :)

Welcome!!!! And nice to see some people near my neck of the woods I am a couple of towns over in simsbury,also have an Icelandic.I had four until a week ago when something swept through my flock and they died,they were only 3 months old and my favorite ones, they were very friendly and I hatched them, never had them before so was looking forward to see how they turned out and were all different colors.

Back
Top Bottom