Connecticut!

Anyone want some more chickens?
I think I have to rehome my girls, per my landlord. I've been letting them free range in the yard since spring, and he seems to think that their poop is attracting flies, and that plus their scratching & digging will turn off people looking at the other apartment in my building, for which he needs to find new tenants.
My sister, who lives 2 hours north, in the Berkshires, might take them, but she will be a complete newbie.Also, we have to figure out IF I can disassemble, and then can she she reassemble, my coop. (My boyfriend never had written plans when he started building it.) Or she will have to buy/build one of her own, but she's a widow with some health problems (hmm, wonder if my teenaged niece is any good at construction?).
So, if it doesn't work out with my sister, is anyone here willing to add my 3 chickens to their flock? The LL has not yet given me a time frame, just told me, "The chickens have to go." (And I don't have the strength to argue the point, having been going through various issues lately, anyway.
hmm.png
)

I'm in NE ct near the Mass/RI borders. We lost my son's buff orph last year, he's wanting another (very friendly gal) our RI red (my brother no longer wanted) has been a friendly one as well. We added 3 black alstrops (sp?) last year and they are not so friendly. The two eggers we have are ok.
We want to add a little color to the flock! I am contacting someone in CT that may have a few 1 yr olds.

we want to add this fall or next year a few unique breeds, light brahmas, salmon faverolle, buff brahma, we cannot breed because we can't have roosters (or could but I am sure neighbors would not be happy). We raised mallards this year and they are just ready to fly off (2 of the 10 left already).

thanks,
Nan1

I got my first hens end of April they are RI reds there still not laying is there a time frame when they normally do everyone I have talked to says something different some said 6months some said 8 months and a few said a full year? Also I have 17 hens how many nesting spots should I have? Thank you all so much.

Back
Top Bottom