Connecticut!

OUT OF MY MIND WITH CONFUSION AND GRIEF!
Before Sandy hit, I did everything right; my coop is intact, yet I have four dead chickens inside, plus 2 that are not looking well at all. (Three seem fine.)
Did a predator get in? Did they panic and go after each other? UConn's CVMDL might not be open 'til Wednesday, so I might have to do what my boyfriend says "Bag 'em up so you can bury them!", and not ever be able to get the answers. So numb.

OUT OF MY MIND WITH CONFUSION AND GRIEF!
Before Sandy hit, I did everything right; my coop is intact, yet I have four dead chickens inside, plus 2 that are not looking well at all. (Three seem fine.)
Did a predator get in? Did they panic and go after each other? UConn's CVMDL might not be open 'til Wednesday, so I might have to do what my boyfriend says "Bag 'em up so you can bury them!", and not ever be able to get the answers. So numb.
I'm so sorry.
hugs.gif
Do you think they just died of fright?

sad.png
I'm sorry...I'd freak if I lost any..I'm in Plainville and have 4 black australorpes...7 months old....mine did fine...I'm new to this chicken thing and if your coop is secure, it sounds like maybe they got spooked and went after each other.

Hey, 5hotchicks,
welcome-byc.gif
; we're practically neighbors! And I have one Black Austrolorp (she's my still-recovering hen).
You just made me realize I am definitely not a newbie anymore.
hmm.png

Yes, I did freak, with every chickie I've lost to predators. It is a painful learning experience--who knew that predators can fit in the tiny inch-big space left where the two closed doors don't-quite-meet the outer wall of the coop? I do, now know that mink/weasels/rats all can. I hope you never have to learn this way, and benefit from my (and others') ordeal.

Rachel - are you selling any of your chickens? We would like to buy a couple before winter, as we only have two in our coop right now. Don't want them being too cold.

Back
Top Bottom