Consolidated Kansas

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by ChooksChick, Sep 26, 2009.

1. checoukan

checoukan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Columbus, Ks.
    Oh, by the way, sunshine, [​IMG]

2. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

X2!!!!! WHY didn't I think of that?!? LOL [​IMG]

3. checoukan

checoukan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Columbus, Ks.
    [​IMG]

4. JosieChick

JosieChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Lyman, ME
    Howdy all!

I hope Danz is ok and my thoughts are with her during this difficult time. [​IMG]

Hope everyone else is doing well, tried to get caught up on all these posts!

Ivy-Love the pics of the hens with their brood, very sweet.

Sorry folks, it has been a long day and I think my short term memory is fried, I can't remember much else of what I just read!

We are hoping to get the fencing put up this weekend and start training the dogs to it. Molly was hot on the trail of something last night when I let her out! This puppy has just brought the life back into her and I can't believe how fast the pup is growing! Anyone have any suggestions on feeding her? I feel like she is thin but she eats well. She is so active and growing so fast!! She isn't scared of the goats at all. I guess we are going to try electric netting to rotate the goats around the back pasture. I know some people don't mind them running willy nilly and jumping on their cars but they are driving me nuts when they are out. They took a big bit out of my hydrangea this evening! Naughty boys.

5. Hawkeye95

[​IMG]

6. Hawkeye95

ooh, that would tick me off if they started eating my plants and jumping on cars. I think an electric fence sounds great!! That would sure give them a nice place to run around in. :) Sounds like your dogs are doing great! I'm sure someone with a GP will speak up on the food.

7. chickenut

chickenut Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    It has been quite a while since I have posted on the site. A dog got in my coop and killed most of my hens. I was devestated but have been trying to build the flock back up with an incubator. Does anyone have any Silkie hens they would be willing to sell?

Thanks!

8. sunshinegirl620

sunshinegirl620 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Thanks you all for your help!! I guess I have never seen their nostrils but I'll have to check into those blinders. Thanks for the link, Hawkeye95!

9. sunshinegirl620

sunshinegirl620 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Oh, one more thing, IF I have only 1 Hen and 3 roosters, is there some Hens available around me? I'm in southwest KS. I really would like to gather 'fresh' eggs for my little family.[​IMG]

10. cherwill

cherwill Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    McPherson, KS
    Hey all, looks like everyone got throught the storms OK. My brother says McPherson is in a hole and everything just goes around us; so far, he's been right.

My husband made me sick so I haven't been online for a few days. I missed 250 posts on this thread. I'm sorry, but just the thought of trying to catch up with that makes me want to go back to bed!

I think 2 of my 4 EEs are roos (Stan and Dorothy); both have reddish combs already and are play-sparring with each other. It hasn't turned serious yet, but I'm sure it's coming. Rose and Blanche don't have any sign of reddish combs yet. That's 40% roos over the last 2 years of birds we've bought from the pullet bin. So much for the 10% they warn you about. [​IMG]

We moved them outside. We blocked off part of the chicken yard so they could be next to the older flock but still safe from them. They all spend a lot of time at the common fence checking each other out and I haven't seen anything that looked unfriendly. The EEs have a tarp-covered dog crate for shelter but prefer to settle in for the night by huddling on the rock holding the tarp on. [​IMG] At least it makes it easy to pick them up and set them inside for the night.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by