Consolidated Kansas

KarenS, I too had a busy day yesterday, it's probably a good thing I didn't try to stop by. I made it late to the guy's place to get the turkey eggs & he thought I wasn't coming, fortunately he was still there since it was clear up on 55th street north & 127th East. I didn't get home until about 7:30 & all of my chickens, dogs, & cats were sitting in the driveway waiting on me to feed them. I hate not being here at feeding time, they all grumble & follow me everywhere until their turn. Oh & my chinchilla rabbit in the garage had 6 little babies a couple nights ago. She is a first time momma & very nervous, I hope the babies make it. I went out there this morning & she had dumped her box that I had given her for her nest over on it's side. I had this terrible feeling the babies had died, but I righted the box & looked through all the fur & there they were. I got too busy & didn't get a nest box made for her & had to use a cardboard box, not the best solution, but workable if she will leave it alone. The other momma has her two hopping around in the pen with her & they're starting to eat food & hay now, they're so darned cute, I need to get new pics taken of them.

Well I'm off to Ark City again, I made a trade with my friend for some corrugated plastic panels for the roof on the other rabbit hutch, so I'm going down there to pick them up. Putting the roof on the nest box part is the last step in getting the other hutch done so I can move more rabbits outside.

IVY, let us know how your trip went & get some pics of your cages so we can see what you got. I always like to see what people are using for their birds. Oh & IVY or anyone else who wants to answer, can I put eggs in my hovabator & then transfer them to the GQF when it gets here? I have eggs that need to go in the bator & I don't know when the other one is getting here.

Those calf igloos are what the dairy farm down the road from me use! They are constantly calving all year long to continue their milk production and they put the calves in these igloos so they can bottle feed them separately. The calves have a collar on their neck with a chain attached to the igloo. They can go inside for shade and protection from rain. But otherwise, they usually just hang outside. They sit them in rows-- so you can walk down the middle and pet all the babies at once, or feed them, which ever. Or get mauled by looooong pink tongues searching for a bottle they are certain you have. This is just a stock photo I found, but it looks like the ones down the road. I wouldn't doubt they are around $200 used, as I think they are about $500 new.. Anyway, it was a shame that whoever had them misled you on the listing.
LM

Trish, I hope your bunny doesn't knock the nest over again. Can you switch out the nest from another rabbit and put it in there?

Trish you can switch them around. You will have to get your GQF set up and running, needs to get up to temp for a couple of days. That way, you can adjust your temp if you need too. Oh by the way, you can make your own clear door. Its just a heavy plexiglas. I would not be with out mine. Makes it very nice to just walk up and look in with out opening the door.

HEChicken, you made me LOL! You really have to live with them to see the best stuff, don't you?
love.gif
Kind of like with kids.
lol.png
I should have taken a video of our sultan's visit with the bunnies -- it was hilarious with the sultans acting all "excuse me"? when the bunnies came by to introduce themselves.

KarenS, I too had a busy day yesterday, it's probably a good thing I didn't try to stop by. I made it late to the guy's place to get the turkey eggs & he thought I wasn't coming, fortunately he was still there since it was clear up on 55th street north & 127th East. I didn't get home until about 7:30 & all of my chickens, dogs, & cats were sitting in the driveway waiting on me to feed them. I hate not being here at feeding time, they all grumble & follow me everywhere until their turn. Oh & my chinchilla rabbit in the garage had 6 little babies a couple nights ago. She is a first time momma & very nervous, I hope the babies make it. I went out there this morning & she had dumped her box that I had given her for her nest over on it's side. I had this terrible feeling the babies had died, but I righted the box & looked through all the fur & there they were. I got too busy & didn't get a nest box made for her & had to use a cardboard box, not the best solution, but workable if she will leave it alone. The other momma has her two hopping around in the pen with her & they're starting to eat food & hay now, they're so darned cute, I need to get new pics taken of them.

Well I'm off to Ark City again, I made a trade with my friend for some corrugated plastic panels for the roof on the other rabbit hutch, so I'm going down there to pick them up. Putting the roof on the nest box part is the last step in getting the other hutch done so I can move more rabbits outside.

IVY, let us know how your trip went & get some pics of your cages so we can see what you got. I always like to see what people are using for their birds. Oh & IVY or anyone else who wants to answer, can I put eggs in my hovabator & then transfer them to the GQF when it gets here? I have eggs that need to go in the bator & I don't know when the other one is getting here.

Your day was as seriously crazy as mine! Glad that guy was still there or you would have had a tale of woe to tell like me and my silly calf hutches! I sure hope your new mommy bunny gets in the groove -- that's just nervewracking!

This is just a stock photo I found, but it looks like the ones down the road. I wouldn't doubt they are around $200 used, as I think they are about $500 new.. Anyway, it was a shame that whoever had them misled you on the listing.
LM

I found them new online for $378, of course that doesn't include shipping so it probably would end up around $500 by the time all is said and done. I've seen them used before for $115 ea and wish I had got them. I think they would make great chicken tractors! Everything says "chicken" to me.
roll.png
I know it was worth $225, and I wouldn't have minded paying $225 if I hadn't truly felt the guy was being deliberately deceptive. I spoke with him on the phone and verified my DH was bringing $225 cash and I had already mentioned I would take "them". My DH's instincts are pretty good so that's why I asked him how he felt about the guy's intentions. I honestly think he believed DH would get there and having come all that way just give him the $225 and be happy. The thing is, I would have given him $225 for one, if he hadn't let my DH drive all the way up there under a false impression. You know what I mean? Sigh. Can you tell I was married previously to a great big LIAR? I very well may be too distrustful when something flips my "flashbacks" switch. It's exactly something my ex would do. Yuck!

What is with my attention span lately? I can't seem to cover everything in one post. Sorry guys. I'll try to do better on that.

Your day was as seriously crazy as mine! Glad that guy was still there or you would have had a tale of woe to tell like me and my silly calf hutches! I sure hope your new mommy bunny gets in the groove -- that's just nervewracking!

I found them new online for $378, of course that doesn't include shipping so it probably would end up around $500 by the time all is said and done. I've seen them used before for $115 ea and wish I had got them. I think they would make great chicken tractors! Everything says "chicken" to me.
roll.png
I know it was worth $225, and I wouldn't have minded paying $225 if I hadn't truly felt the guy was being deliberately deceptive. I spoke with him on the phone and verified my DH was bringing $225 cash and I had already mentioned I would take "them". My DH's instincts are pretty good so that's why I asked him how he felt about the guy's intentions. I honestly think he believed DH would get there and having come all that way just give him the $225 and be happy. The thing is, I would have given him $225 for one, if he hadn't let my DH drive all the way up there under a false impression. You know what I mean? Sigh. Can you tell I was married previously to a great big LIAR? I very well may be too distrustful when something flips my "flashbacks" switch. It's exactly something my ex would do. Yuck!

What is with my attention span lately? I can't seem to cover everything in one post. Sorry guys. I'll try to do better on that.

Yeah, that is pretty rotten if you talked to him on the phone and he never once said specifically that ONE of them was being sold for that-- not both. I think you all did the right thing and maybe the next person won't get screwed over. But who knows. I don't know about being mistrustful in general, I think you have to be cautious and careful since people are pretty adept at lying.

I'm feeling tired and lazy. Mostly tired. I went out to finsih the last run of shingles on my mini coop and a wasp flew out of there when I was messing around on it. I'm extremely allergic (like go to the hospital allergic) and that freaked me out. I'll wait till DH gets home so he can spray in there. I don't mind him being stung. hehe!! Joking!! Anyway, I need to start getting some things done around here and after that, I just want to plop. I've been on the run all day and the kids are being soooo bad. I get so sick of breaking up fighting and screaming.

Last edited:
HeChicken, Yes I think the guy's turkeys are still laying. I will send you a PM with his info as soon as I find his email. He also has those cross-breed ones that are really beautiful, which maybe later I will go back & get eggs for if he still has them laying.

checoukan, thanks for the answer, that's good that I can move the eggs once the bigger incubator gets here. I really need to get some eggs in rather than hold them any longer, so that's good to know. I can't wait for it to get here, but I haven't heard from them yet on shipping, I hope it soon!

SusanS, I don't blame you a bit for not buying the calf hut when the guy acted like that, I hate it when people purposely mis-lead you. I just ran down to Ark City to get the roofing material for my rabbit hutch & my friend was telling me about picking up some free rabbit cages & when she got there the gal told her she expected a rabbit in return, what? She just told her she didn't have one to give her. Some people are so nervy, I just can't believe it sometimes.

Hawkeye, I wish I did have another nest to give that momma, the one I used for the Mini Rex rabbit is too small for the chinchilla. Karen, you saw the difference in size from the Mini Rex doe to the Chinchilla. I need a bigger sized nest for her. I fully intended to get one slapped together & it just didn't happen. This afternoon I've got to get out & start mowing or we're going to be living in a jungle here. I have neglected the mowing & it's starting to get tall & rain is coming again, ugh, better get out there.

Just wondering what makes a silkie want to run after you and peck you?? just starting to give them some 'free' time out of the run and into our TALL grass that needs to be mowed but hasn't happened yet and the silly things wanted to chase my 5 yr old and I and peck us! Don't know what we did... but...
roll.png
They're Roos.. if that makes any difference...

This is Butch (the EE roo) taking care of part of his harem. Most of the girls really like him. One is still hanging out in the coop. She is so shy that I think he scares her with his overtures. Sorry it is so blurry. I had to take it through a window. He especially fond of the Buff Orpington an the EE just to the right of the Buff (mostly white with buff highlights). The little brown EE thinks he is just WONDERFUL and follows him everywhere.

He is a wonderful protector and herds them into the covered part of the run whenever he spys a hawk.

Back
Top Bottom