Consolidated Kansas

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by ChooksChick, Sep 26, 2009.

1. chicken danz

chicken danz Overrun With Chickens

May 20, 2010
    Waverly
    Sapphire that looks like a mottled cochin rather than a silver laced.
    Ok I mentioned earlier I could order chicks wholesale and sell them to you as long as I get enough to order at a time and if I charge sales tax. You can order as few as 5 of each kind. I figure if you are willing to pick them up here this could be a chance for some of you to pick up a few of those breeds you are having trouble finding or don't want to order 25 or 30 of. I won't hold them though. And I can't afford to do this if you aren't willing to pick up the birds or have someone else pick them up. If your chicks are supposed to arrive here on say Thursday or Friday I would expect you to pick them up before or on Saturday. I can't afford to feed a few hundred extra chicks every week. If you see something you are interested in just PM me and I will give you the price of that breed which will include shipping. No additional charges.
    Here is the list of chickens. You can order turkeys, pheasant,ducks, geese etc as well if I get enough to fill the quotas to order them. Just ask if there is a particular breed you are looking for.
    STANDARD BREEDS
    Cornish rock X
    Rhode Island Red
    Dark Rhode Island Red
    Rhode Island White

Black Sexlink
    Black Austrolop
    New Hampshire Red
    Buff Orpington
    California White
    LEGHORN
    White Leghorn
    Single Comb Brown Leghorn
    Silver Leghorn
    ANCONA
    BLACK MINORCA
    PRODUCTION BLACK
    SICILIAN BUTTERCUP
    DELAWARE
    SPECKLED SUSSEX
    TURKEN
    BB RED CUBALAYA
    BLACK LANGHAN
    BLACK SUMATRA
    BLUE AUDALASIAN
    BLUE SUMATRA

BRAHMA
    Buff Brahma
    Dark Brahma
    Light Brahma

BUCKEYE

CAMPINE
    Golden Campine
    Silver Campine

COCHINS
    Giant Barred
    Giant Blue
    Giant Buff
    Giant Partridge
    Giant Silver
    Giant White

CORNISH
    Buff
    Dark
    White laced Red

DOMINIQUES
    EGYPTION FAYOUMI
    HAMBURG
    Silver Spangled
    Golden Spangled
    Jersey Black Giant
    Jungle Fowl
    LAKENVELDER
    Golden
    Silver
    MARANS CUCKOO
    MOTTLED JAVA
    PHOENIX
    Golden
    Silver

White

ROCK
    Barred
    White Rock
    Buff
    Partridge

YOKOHAMA-Red shouldered
    RUSSIAN ORLOFF
    SALMON FAVORELLE
    WELSUMMER
    WYANDOTTE
    Golden Laced Wyandotte
    Silver laced Wyandotte
    Blue
    Black
    Buff
    Blue laced red

CRESTED BREEDS
    CREVECOR
    MOTTLED HOUDAN
    POLISH
    Buff laced
    Golden laced
    Silver laced
    White crested black
    White crested blue
    SULTON

BANTAMS

COCHIN
    Barred
    Birchen
    Black
    Blue
    Buff
    Mottled
    Partridge
    Red
    Red Frizzle
    White
    White Frizzle
    Silver Laced
    Golden Laced
    Black Frizzle
    D’UCCLE
    Black
    Golden Neck
    Mille Fleur
    Porcelain
    Self Blue
    White
    SILKIE
    Black
    Blue
    Buff
    White
    BRAHMA
    Dark
    Light
    SULTON (white)
    AMERICANA
    ROCK- Barred
    OLD ENGLISH
    BB Red
    Blue breasted
    Crele
    Red Pyle
    Self Blue
    Silver duckwing
    Spangled
    BLACK & BROWN BELGIUM QUAIL
    DUTCH
    Black
    Blue
    Golden
    Light Brown
    JAPANESE
    Black
    Black tail white
    Gray
    White
    Rose comb
    Black
    Blue
    SEABRIGHT
    Buff
    Golden
    Silver
    POLISH
    CORNISH
    Dark
    DELAWARE
    PYNCHEON
    RHODE ISLAND RED
    CORNISH
    White
    White laced Red
    White faced Black Spanish

2. Deerfield Acres

Deerfield Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2011
    Derby, KS area
    Okay, thanks everyone for the words of advice about letting the eggs sit. I did candle them with my trusty maglite but there wasn't really anything to see except maybe a slight shadow? Hmmm. I'll let them sit with their pointy ends down and hopefully something will come of 23 eggs. I paid for 24 but one had a deformed shell and had a nasty looking, oily brown spot on the pointy end. Really? Anyone could have seen the flaw in the shell -- just not an egg I would have sent to someone paying good money for them. Oh well, it was only one.

I got Lavendar Orpington eggs because I want to make lavender speckled Alohas! Won't that be cool? Then when I get that color incorporated into the pastel orange, I think it will be nicely unusual. Right now with the Alohas we're focused on orange with white spots or orange/black and white spots, which is beautiful. Someday we needed to incorporate the lavender so I just thought it would be good to get it started. I may hatch out some pure lav orps just for the fun of it but will wait and see on that one. I'm hopeful something will survive out of 23 eggs! They were wrapped well in bubble wrap inside egg cartons, and well cushioned in addition.

I posted some pics on the Aloha site of my SSX. So I'll restrain myself here and just post one of my #1 roo. He's a real character and I really enjoy him. Isn't he just handsome?

[​IMG]

Ivy, I almost got a Havanese but my DH surprised me with my little Jorgi, he's a Maltese and the best little buddy. I'm sure your pup will be a real love. I used to be a strictly cat person but DH won me over to his way of thinking and I won him over to mine.

Danz & Trish, I'm really sorry to hear about your knees. That's just the pits!

Trish, I don't have the full view door! Hope you get things sold so you can order it!
    Danz, your fiasco with the turkeys sounds exactly like something that would happen to me. Made me LOL! What a mess. [​IMG]That's some list -- I wasn't expecting that many breeds!

Hawkeye, I freaked when I heard chicks peeping inside the shell for the first time. Naturally, I thought they were dying a horrible death and I was beside myself. Sheesh.

Gotta go check on DH's progress with the breeder pens! He's trying to convince me to take two of the dog houses back and let him build them himself. I told him if he could replace them by Sunday (he's off Thurs and Fri) I would return them. We'll see. I drive a hard bargain, don't I? I really wanted to just use the dog houses because I could just do it myself. But saving those dollars is very attractive too.

Really, thanks again everyone for the hatching egg advice. Much appreciated!

3. Trish44

Trish44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Winfield, KS
    Well I came in to get something from in the house & planned to go right back out because I wasn't done with all of my chores. As I came into the house I heard peeping, what? I wasn't expecting anything to hatch & didn't even have my hatcher turned on. I walked over to my GQF incubator & sure enough there was a chick in the top egg tray just sitting there in half an egg shell peeping. I about freaked out because the turner was on & I wasn't expecting a chick. I hurried & turned off the turner & opened up the door & brought out the tray that the chick was in. It's a little Ameraucana chick that got lost in the shuffle. I had some stray eggs that are kind of staggered & the time had slipped away from me. I looked & sure enough it was due to hatch today & it never even got to the hatcher & the humidity was still set for incubating. That just goes to show that these little creatures are tougher than we give them credit for. We worry so much about having our incubators just the right temperature & just the right humidity & in spite of all of that this little guy hatched anyway. It has been yelling it's head off every since I put it in the hatcher. I went ahead & put in some more of the eggs from that tray too while I had it out. The turkey eggs won't go in until Thurs. Yes, IVY if you have any tips for those of us trying to hatch turkeys we would love to hear them. I've got mine going into the hatcher Thurs. for the first batch & then I have some due on the 18th of May also.

I went out & checked on all of the little chicks in the brooder & the little one that had the leg problem is just running around like crazy now. It makes me so happy to see it doing so well!

4. Trish44

Jul 25, 2011
    Winfield, KS
    KarenS, oooh Lavender Orpingtons, that sounds pretty! That should be interesting to include that in the mix for the Alohas. I can't wait to see what you come up with later on. Is that rooster in the pic all Sussex? He's a lot darker than the roo I have. I need to get over & see your birds one of these days.

5. pikeman94

pikeman94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Olathe, KS
    My Coop
    Good lookin bird there Karen! I am looking forward to the newbies. Which reminds me, I need to call my cousin to see if he is coming up any time soon. I might be able to talk him into meeting up with you and then bringing the birds north.

6. pikeman94

pikeman94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Olathe, KS
    My Coop
    This is how my evening came to a close:

[​IMG]

A Western Rat Snake found it's way into the garage. It was on the steps in the garage going into the kitchen. My son saw it first and was point and saying Snake snake snake snake. Then my daughter saw it and started freaking out. It took me a second to see it because the carpet on the steps is dark. My neighbor helped me wrangle this critter out of the garage. It is a good thing I found it as my pullets are still in the garage. I so need to get my coop expanded!

7. WichitaKidd

WichitaKidd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2012
    Wichita, KS
    We've used Get a Move On (formerly 2 Guys & a Truck) a couple of times. Very courteous & reasonably priced. We've recently hired them to do a very large moving job where I work & so far they've done a good job. Good luck with your move.

8. sapphireblu76

sapphireblu76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    OMG Verna...I want soooo many of those. I have to restrain for now though. The only pure chickens I have at least a pair of are the BR's and I have to get my fence up before I even THINK about getting more chicks. *le sigh*

9. Trish44

Jul 25, 2011
    Winfield, KS
    Danz, that is quite a list of breeds there, I wasn't expecting that many either. Unfortunately I just got all the chicks I need for this year in the last two shipments that I shared with Shana. I now have like 20 new chicks out in my brooder including the 4 new wheatens I just hatched, at least that was my last count, I may be off one or two. That's going to double the number of chickens I have. I've got to get my DH building on that breeder coop now, especially with the Swedish Flower & Cream Legbar eggs coming. I may be scrambling for more pens later on after I get all of this figured out about what breeds for sure I want to raise. I thought I had it all figured out & then I ran into these other two breeds I wanted. You know how that goes with chicken math again. So now I have to rethink what I really want to do. If the turkeys end up hatching then I'll have to have a pen for those too. It looks like I'm going to have to hone my building skills for pen building because I can only count on my DH for about one project & then he's done for the year, he's not fond of building things.

10. rvroman

rvroman Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2012
    [​IMG] Im so jealous right now! I wanted a lavender orpington so bad, but couldn't find anywhere I could get just one chick, well any chicks online, and I don't have any way to hatch eggs. I may still try and figure out a way to get one as well as a BCM, I think those will be next additions.

Good luck with your hatch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by