CONSTIPATED CHICK!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Christian99

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 5, 2014
Central Florida
Hello,

I have a Golden Buff that is 12 days old. I really don't want it to die, it appears to be the nicer out of the flock and is already off to a great start as far as holding it. I got most of it out with tweezers but the rest is impossible. What do you recommend?

Hello,

I have a Golden Buff that is 12 days old. I really don't want it to die, it appears to be the nicer out of the flock and is already off to a great start as far as holding it. I got most of it out with tweezers but the rest is impossible. What do you recommend?
Get it to drink lots of fluids.

-Kathy

Quote:
I am feeding it chicken food that is suppose to help the baby chick grow well. Just got it today. I give my chickens regular water.

Last edited by a moderator:

Get it to drink lots of fluids.

-Kathy

Yea. I was thinking about separating it from the rest, and assure it gets less food and more water. Will fiber help get the poop out or will it only get stopped up faster?

Feed it chick starter mixed with lots of water and try to get it to drink more. Remove all dry crumbles.

-Kathy

Mix applesauce in abit of her chick starter to eat. Applesauce acts as a mild laxative in chickens. Do not use tweezers to pull out hardened poop. Use a paper towel soaked in warm water and apply it to her rear end to soften the poop, then gently wipe the area, do not pull it or force it off.

Back
Top Bottom