Construction of Country Kluckers Coop

Chickenvi

Chirping
Aug 6, 2018
Southeast Mississippi
Backyard chickens have always been a favorite lifestyle/hobby for me. My grandma and dad have had various breeds of chickens from the time I was a child until now. Grandma is gone now but dad has recently built a chicken castle! And of course, gave me CHICKENVI so I've used the title for my username for this site. I have 4 RIR, 4 Faverolle, 4 Golden Comet and 3 Columbian Wyandotte and as of now they all look like pullets(🤞). The coop they are currently in will be outgrown within the next few weeks so construction has begun on the chicks new home. What used to be an open shed for farm equipment is now being transformed into the Country Kluckers Coop.
I've attached a couple photos of the clean up and treasure that lurked in the pile of garbage and scrap wood. I will post more as things progress. The tree growing up and over the shed will be trimmed but left in place for shade.

Attachments

• 20200902_174903.jpg
    20200902_174903.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • 20200903_124834.jpg
    20200903_124834.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 21
Nice structure to start with!
Looking forward to coming along on your adventure.

WelcomeBback to BYC! @Chickenvi
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1599163260769.png

You did a great job! I think that your chickens have nothing to fear now. :) My friend, who also deals with chickens, began the construction of a larger chicken coop not so long ago. I even helped him. :D It is a pity that the building was slightly delayed because we could not find the necessary equipment. Only Fleet Up Marketplace saved us. It seems to me that you can find anything there. Fast and cheap. I hope that you will not have such problems. Good luck, and I look forward to new photos !

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom