Construction of "The Pantry". Another Wacky Coop. (Pic Heavy)

thumbsup.gif

Looking forward to more pics. Nice job!

Hansel and Gretel House is very cool. Maybe I should start over...... No, maybe next coop.

Didn't get as much done as I wanted today. Between the threatening rains that never actually rained and a little incident with a putty knife and my finger it was kinda slow but progress was still made. If you can't tell almost all the boards in the project have been reclaimed from remodels that I have done. Lots of nail and screw removal but you have to love the price...FREE! The downsize is that I have to scrap some of the boards and that's what lead to the finger incident.

My main goal this am was to get the floor waterproofed before the rains came so first thing I did was caulk all corners and walls to the floor.

After this was completed I put the first coat of waterproofing in all joints and corners. I'm not very happy with the color but that won't matter later because it will be painted over.

Next was to put two coats over the entire floor. (Light areas are still drying). The purpose of this is to make the floor waterproof so I can use a hose for cleaning later down the line.

I was able to finish one side of the roof before I had to pack up and take care of the finger!

View front the street.

The roof is definitely a challenge! 2 x 4's don't bend very easy. I should be able to complete the roof tomorrow and if I'm lucky get the plywood on it as well.

I will say this project brings a new meaning to the phrase "A little caulk and paint makes a carpenter out of what I ain't".

Thanks for all the encouraging comments, it keep me on task to get completed. More updates Tomorrow!

Didn't get much done today except the other side of the roof framed in. Rains came after that. Post more tomorrow. As you can see the waterproofing worked because the floor is holding water. Maybe I should have got ducks!

What did you use for waterproofing? I'm looking for something to use under my linoleum and on top of the plywood for our new coop. We don't want to glue down the linoleum for ease of removal later. We are going to nail it and would like to have something underneath and up the walls a short way to allow "washing" down. Thanks!

What did you use for waterproofing? I'm looking for something to use under my linoleum and on top of the plywood for our new coop. We don't want to glue down the linoleum for ease of removal later. We are going to nail it and would like to have something underneath and up the walls a short way to allow "washing" down. Thanks!

Rubberized roof coat (Lowes Blackjack#57). with this, you will have no need for linoleum. It totally covers and protects the floor on it's own. Just stir it up, dump a big dollop on the floor and push/spread it around with a roller. With one step, no messing around with caulk, you completely seal all floor joints, and the wall to floor joint/gap. I've had it down in my coop for over two yrs, and it looks as good as the day I put it down.
Jack

Back
Top Bottom