Contacting Forum Moderators - Reporting Problems - Asking General ?s

Reporting something is not just about getting someone in trouble.

Sometimes it is to call Staff attention to something, like a typo in a BYC created article or a thread in the wrong section.
When you report something, we look at it and often discuss it as a team and then take action only when needed.

Sometimes warnings are issues and sometimes no action is taken and sometimes the typos are corrected.
smile.png

I am so disappointed, and angry! I was taken in by an add that popped up to the right while viewing one of my favorite threads, that promised a 1000 dollar VISA card. As it was on this site I thought it was a real thing, but in fact it was getting info for insurance companies to harrass me. I am very disappointed that the administrators would allow this type of ad on this site!!!!

I am so disappointed, and angry! I was taken in by an add that popped up to the right while viewing one of my favorite threads, that promised a 1000 dollar VISA card. As it was on this site I thought it was a real thing, but in fact it was getting info for insurance companies to harrass me. I am very disappointed that the administrators would allow this type of ad on this site!!!!
This is not BYC's fault. The ad your are referring to is a google ad. These ads are not in BYC's control and they have no way of knowing what ads appear from Google.

Sorry you had a bad experience with an ad. Kevin's mostly correct: We try VERY hard to find chicken only advertising, but it's very hard to find enough advertisers that are interested in sponsoring a site like BYC. When that happens we need to turn to third parties (like Google AdSense) to supply the ads, and unfortunately we have much less control over what ads they display.

With that said, we're always working very hard to have related and appropriate ads on BYC, so if any member sees an ad that is inappropriate (compared to other sites on the web like Cnn.com Yahoo, etc. please let us know!

I have a question about how to get a "quote within a quote" in the forum discussions. When I use the quote or multi buttons, I only get the response of the last poster. I would like to be able to quote a person's response as well as the quote they quoted, as I have seen others doing. For example, if I wanted to quote Kevin's post (above), it would not show Glasshen's original quote. Is there a trick to getting the whole thing to show up? Hope I am making sense!
Thank you~

I have a question about how to get a "quote within a quote" in the forum discussions. When I use the quote or multi buttons, I only get the response of the last poster. I would like to be able to quote a person's response as well as the quote they quoted, as I have seen others doing. For example, if I wanted to quote Kevin's post (above), it would not show Glasshen's original quote. Is there a trick to getting the whole thing to show up? Hope I am making sense!
Thank you~
This should help you out. https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/discussion-forum-tutorial

Back
Top Bottom