Ended Contest #6 Broodies & Their Babies - 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

I guess I showed up too late lol. I just got 4 emu eggs I threw in the bator yesterday. And ONE of them is a huge 938 gram DOUBLE YOLK EMU EGG. I doubt it will hatch, but I'm giving it a shot

I guess I showed up too late lol. I just got 4 emu eggs I threw in the bator yesterday. And ONE of them is a huge 938 gram DOUBLE YOLK EMU EGG. I doubt it will hatch, but I'm giving it a shot

Awesome. You have to post pics when those chicks hatch. I love emus. They make an awesome sound, very gentle (at least the flock I got to walk around and pet), and very soft.

Awesome. You have to post pics when those chicks hatch. I love emus. They make an awesome sound, very gentle (at least the flock I got to walk around and pet), and very soft.
I definitely will! Last year none of the eggs hatched. But I'm hoping I have better luck this time. I absolutely adore emus as well. They are adorable when they just hatch
1f60d.png

Brahma hen with her baby, this little trooper got attacked by a duck a few hours after she was hatched, she ended up getting her left wing torn off, and momma nearly killed the duck.
I winded up moving her and her baby into my bathtub, thinking this chick wasn't long for this world, but her mom was determined to get this little girl to survive.
Eventually they moved outside, the second day out, I found a hawk on top of her dead mother, and the baby was nowhere to be seen.
I found her baby a few hours later cowering underneath a bucket, still alive.
We named her Trooper.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom