Convincing my parents to switch dog foods

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickentrains

love is love
Feb 23, 2021
Missouri, USA
Hi,

I am trying to convince my parents to switch dog foods. They spend lots of extra money on skin and coat suppliments, but they seem offended when I tell them its probably the low quality food they eat, and not the dog or outdoor allergies. They eat pedigree, by the way. I feel like anything would really be better

Is this brand decent? https://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Natu...ld=1&keywords=dog+food&qid=1617850078&sr=8-15

the good brands I've heard of, like canidae and Orijen, TOTW, etc are all so expensive. My parents would never agree

I'd really like to pay for the dog food myself but I cant right now. Do you know any ideas of how to kindly suggest a food change?

Diamond is a "high end" that has had numerous recalls and associated dog deaths. I had my old lab mix on pedigree.. i liked that it was made w American and canadian ingedients.. whereas these other brands were using proteins from China, which was the source of the recalls. He endes up being in spectacular health, living to 15. Some dogs, just like people, have different skin or health issues. But more money doesn't necessarily equal better food.

Hi,

I am trying to convince my parents to switch dog foods. They spend lots of extra money on skin and coat suppliments, but they seem offended when I tell them its probably the low quality food they eat, and not the dog or outdoor allergies. They eat pedigree, by the way. I feel like anything would really be better

Is this brand decent? https://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Natu...ld=1&keywords=dog+food&qid=1617850078&sr=8-15

the good brands I've heard of, like canidae and Orijen, TOTW, etc are all so expensive. My parents would never agree

I'd really like to pay for the dog food myself but I cant right now. Do you know any ideas of how to kindly suggest a food change?
Diamond naturals is 35 dollars for a 40 lb bag, and Pedigree is 20 for 30 lbs. i'll think I'll suggest that
I used to have a dog we fed her Blue buffalo and I think that brand is good but before you buy the dog food buy it on Chewy.com its cheaper and they save you money

Diamond is a "high end" that has had numerous recalls and associated dog deaths. I had my old lab mix on pedigree.. i liked that it was made w American and canadian ingedients.. whereas these other brands were using proteins from China, which was the source of the recalls. He endes up being in spectacular health, living to 15. Some dogs, just like people, have different skin or health issues. But more money doesn't necessarily equal better food.

I know money doesn't equal better food, but the dog is doing awful on pedigree. I know my parents don't understand how dog food effects stuff, but his skin is gross, he smells like he's rotting, and he passes horrible gas.

I know money doesn't equal better food, but the dog is doing awful on pedigree. I know my parents don't understand how dog food effects stuff, but his skin is gross, he smells like he's rotting, and he passes horrible gas.
If they are insistent on pedigree, check out the different ingredients. If the dog has intestinal issues, beef might be the issue. They have a lamb and rice variety. I used that since my dog had so many allergies, and they cleared right up.

I'll send him this email I guess

Hi,

I don't want to sound like a smartie pants but I think the food Zeus is eating is making him smell so bad and pass such awful gas. Pedigree isn't rated as such a good food. I found this one https://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Natu...efinements=p_36:-4000&rnid=2661611011&sr=8-13 thats better quality, and not much more expensive than the pedigree bags you are already buying. Maybe we could give it a shot and see if it helps?

I like to look at the first few ingredients. Pedigree, if I remember correctly, is corn first. I don't like that. I like the Sam's brand chicken or lamb. Real meat listed first. Allergies can also be helped with an over the counter claritin, etc according to my vet.

If they are insistent on pedigree, check out the different ingredients. If the dog has intestinal issues, beef might be the issue. They have a lamb and rice variety. I used that since my dog had so many allergies, and they cleared right up.
He eats Chicken, the brand I suggested is beef flavored. Its better qualtity than the pedigree overall. If it doesn't work, then we can always just go back to pedigree

I like to look at the first few ingredients. Pedigree, if I remember correctly, is corn first. I don't like that. I like the Sam's brand chicken or lamb. Real meat listed first. Allergies can also be helped with an over the counter claritin, etc according to my vet.

For allergies he is on vets best shed+itch healthy coat stuff and it works great, but I swear by it being caused by low quality food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom