Cookie cutters

b.hromada

Flock Mistress
14 Years
Jan 9, 2009
south Florida, Pompano Beach
Does anyone collect cookie cutters?
smile.png

I have alot of them ,but I dont know if Iam a collector.
If I see one I dont have I will buy it sometimes.Does that make me a collector?
I have old ones,Some like GM had.I have dinosaurs off the pnut butter bucket Krogers did when Mine were little.
My DGS loves them.
I bought the set of snowflakes to make ornaments for the tree.
I have the doggie bone for the doggies.

Last edited:
I don't really have any yet
sad.png
I have 3 hearts graduated sizes that I bought to use for my wedding (we shaped ground beef patties with them)
I want some for sure... every time I see a wall of them, they are so intimidating..there are SO MANY OF THEM!!! I can only buy one or two at a time and I don't know where to start! What shapes I should start with I mean...

I love the idea of using them... I know I want metal ones so I can use them in a skillet for instance too (my hearts are plastic)... for now freehanding is ok.. but it would be so much fun to just stamp stamp stamp and presto!

any advice?

Last edited:
I started with the childhood ones my mom or Grandmother had.The ones I remembered then added from there.
I saw a Sandra Lee show where she did blue and white frosted snowflake cookies and decorated the tree in them and It was an insperation so I bought the cutters and the colored sugars.We did this last year It was beautiful.We also ate our decorations.

Quote:
Sure you're a collector. I'm not a "professional" collector! Certainly don't have the money to do that! I just love them, and love to bake cut out cookies! I remember my grandmother teaching me how to make cut out sugar cookies as a child. My first cookie cutters were the Little Mothers ones, the tiny ones that were copper colored! I was maybe 9 or so? I found some on Ebay, with the original price tag of .39 cents on it!!!! I was shocked! I love my cutters! I tell my kids, when we start going through them, to be very careful, they are my pride and joy!!! I wrap them in tissue paper to keep them "safe" !
big_smile.png

I've never thought of myself as a collector, but I guess I have been collecting them over the years. I am sure some were given to me by my mother, some picked up at thrift stores, yard sales, etc. I went through them one year and get rid of duplicates. I just picked up a nice chicken one at the thrift store last week! I'd love to see everyone's collections.

Back
Top Bottom