Coolest Chicken Ever! Silkie Mutation? New Pics. 2 months old

Quote:
I found a site with American Indian Names and their meanings. here are a few I thught might work.

Yas - Snow
Hotah - White
Huritt - handsome
Kachada - white man
Qanageeska - white spirit

Here is the site
http://www.snowwowl.com/swolfNAnamesandmeanings2.html

He is a very unique bird and needs a unique name. Since you are around him you can choose the name that suits him. Hopefully our sugestions will help you make a good decision.

You know, I just hate it when people's roos misstakenly breed with their wrong breed. And since I'd really hate for you to ruin your other breeds by having this mutt with them, I'll take it off your hands.
roll.png

No really, it's not a problem, mutts are OK here. I know, I know, it was simply a mistake, and it really isn't a problem to have it here. So what day would you suggest I come get it? Or perhaps have it shipped here? Please keep it in hiding until then so the neighbors won't see such a thing with your purebreed flock. I'd hate for you to be the talk of the town.
sad.png
Oh yes, he'll be fine here. I don't have any close neighbors that can see it, and I promise I won't reveal where it came from.

I'll go out and secure the rabbit hutch to keep it in for a few weeks before putting it out with my flock.
smile.png

With my mutt EEs, he'll fit in fine. Yes isn't it a shame those beautiful EEs are referred to as mutts? I'm so thankful they can't read YET, and haven't mastered the English language, so they may never know what others are saying.
cool.png

So, again, as much as I hate that this happened to your flock, it won't be much of a hardship to take it.
wink.png

Many blessings....

(Please take this as funny and not serious! Tone not conveyed over the net, and I'm just being silly. Though I would take it in a heartbeat!!)

Oooo - I want a living chicken pillow too!!! Looks like you took a naked chick and feathered him using a down pillow. Sooo adorable! How do you keep your hands off him? hee hee hee... he reminds me of a funny thing that my dog did a couple years back. My dog, Flyer, was learning to be a good boy alone in the house while we were out for short periods of time in small areas in the house. So, one day we decided to leave him in the t.v. room with the t.v. on for company while we ran down the street to pick up dinner. We weren't gone more than 10minutes. When we got home and went into the t.v. room Flyer had pulled apart a feather pillow and was gleefully spreading feathers everywhere. And chasing the floating feathers and just having a grand time playing with the mess he created. I laughed SOO hard - here is a picture of that day:

640af260.jpg

e5658818.jpg

3767ef4a.jpg

Hee hee, Yeah, he is more calm now. But still a character. I love the boys for their goofy nature. And Flyer is Such a mama's boy - I love mooshing on his big ol' face. Thanks for the compliments!!!

Hahaha. Sorry Notthemomma but I think I will just keep him right here with me.
tongue.png
I have plenty of mutts so he fits in great.

And I totally agree. My EE's are my best chickens. Poor underated birds.

WOW Sequin. If my dog did that I would probably cry and get mad enough to want to kill her. lol Then I would laugh about it a few days later. haha he looks so happy in the picture. With all that fluff on him.

It is hard not to want to snuggle him all day. I'm going to be sad when he grows up into a big rooster and tries to attack me. lol

Alright guys, it's been a while since an update. And he has changed quite a bit.

He is still wonderfully fluffy, but he has a much smoother look to him now. I think when he is finished growing he will be fluffier than a normal bird, and a LOT softer, but I don't believe he will be completely covered in down feathers.

fluff1.jpg

He looks so regal. I still can't decide on a name. He is just to special for any regular name that I can think of. I've been calling him big boy. Hope it doesn't stick forever.

fluff2.jpg

As you can see he isn't completely white anymore. And actually I think he looks cooler. He has black stripes on his wings you can only see if they are stretched out. He has light grey hackle spots, and a black spot on each side of his tail.

fluff3.jpg

What a Cutie on both sides.

fluff4.jpg

I love his little black spots on his rear. They just contrast so much with the white.

fluff5.jpg

See how nice his shape is! And see how much bigger he is than my other chicks the same age!

Back
Top Bottom