cooling off your chickens

Pics
I cut the end off the watermelon and set it out for them, they go nuts for the flesh then drink the juice out leaving nothing but a rine bowl lol
They love the frozen watermelon cubes. But do not touch the wedges I leave for them. I have even tried to top them with the kale and some scratch.

This year, I got a couple of these misters that stand up like snakes. Very quiet and the chickens really seem to like them. I set them up in a couple of shady spots and the chickens stand right under them, or lay in the damp soil under them.
View attachment 2245735
My girls hated the ones I bought. Lol! I guess my birds are just weird!

It's very hot in GA today, the only one that seems to mind it is my brown leghorn. They have a tarp cover pvc tractor wit the ends open in the direction of the wind. every hour i add ice to their water, I put a pan of shallow water with in it for her, I even made a berry smoothie. the leghorn just walked through the smoothie and no one is really taking advantage of anything but the water. I do not have shade and I think I need to get a fan. what fan setups do you all have? Is there a fan you really like and works well? I was maybe wanting one with a light too, and a clip for their coop. What set ups and what do you all do to get them to enjoy their treats> So far, I think my chickens are from another planet, they don't even like lettuce!

Frozen water bottles. I rotate them out a few times a day. Even if they aren’t completely frozen, they are cold for them.
50689AE0-4D10-48E6-B0CA-891E649EAA47.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom