cooling off your chickens

Pics
I live in Michigan and we are in the middle of a heat wave. I freeze a gallon of water overnight. Leave it sealed and put it in with my 3 gallon water in the morning. I love it.
Howdy fellow Michigander!
My waterers are smaller, so I freeze water in small 12 oz plastic bottles and put those in their water to keep it cool. Its been working well :) I'll be glad when the high heat weather is past!

I might be considered certifiable but I brought mine in tonight. It’s so hot outside and it’s 1am- still showing 85 (in MI) so you know it’s hotter in the little hen house. Granted I only have three (a BO and 2 Australorp) but when I peeked in at them and they’re open mouth breathing, I figured it’s time to bring ‘em in! I just hope my husband doesn’t wake early and try to take a shower tomorrow morning- he’ll be in for a surprise as they’re in our walk in shower... ;) lol!
I put mine in our basement when it gets so humid hot they pant at night like that. Youre a good chicken mama :)

I'm in the southern most part of Texas. It gets pretty darn hot here. Thankfully my coop, run and play yard for the chickens is pretty much in the shade most of the day. Still it gets hot. I built a water system that is a PVC pipe attached to a large cooler that keeps their water cool on hot days. I can add ice to it to cool it as well. I also added a mister system that I got off Amazon. I attached the mister nozzles to a pvc pipe and extended it over the corner of their play yard so they can go in and out of it as they want. They have a perch under it too so they can hang out and cool. So far, so good. This is the mister system I got....I also attached it to a timer but I usually go turn it on manually

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G33MVJ1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm in the southern most part of Texas. It gets pretty darn hot here. Thankfully my coop, run and play yard for the chickens is pretty much in the shade most of the day. Still it gets hot. I built a water system that is a PVC pipe attached to a large cooler that keeps their water cool on hot days. I can add ice to it to cool it as well. I also added a mister system that I got off Amazon. I attached the mister nozzles to a pvc pipe and extended it over the corner of their play yard so they can go in and out of it as they want. They have a perch under it too so they can hang out and cool. So far, so good. This is the mister system I got....I also attached it to a timer but I usually go turn it on manually

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G33MVJ1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That is awesome, maybe I can do something like that once I get me enclosure. Thanks for the tips.

Back
Top Bottom