Coop Cam

I got a sort of cheap camera on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073B3PFP9/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 That's the link if you are interested. I got it with a discount and ended up being around $150 for 4 cameras. You still need power but I have power in my coop so I hooked it up.

I look at it in the middle of the night and I feel as if they girls give me dirty looks cuz they know I'm watching them.

How was the setup on that camera, I've found some to be a royal pain in the keaster with passwords and such.

JT

How was the setup on that camera, I've found some to be a royal pain in the keaster with passwords and such.

JT

The setup was super easy. I connected to Wi-Fi and followed the prompts on the app. The password was a generic password which I changed later. Because I'm still playing with where I would like the cameras to go I put them up with mounting tape.

The cameras lag a little but I can deal with it. I can't complain for the price.

I look at it in the middle of the night and I feel as if they girls give me dirty looks cuz they know I'm watching them.

:gig Just have to giggle at your comment! A couple of mine do give what seems like dirty looks in the middle of the night when I turn on nightvision! LOL When my rooster was alive he would turn his head toward the camera and just grumble...I miss that.

I got a sort of cheap camera on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073B3PFP9/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 That's the link if you are interested. I got it with a discount and ended up being around $150 for 4 cameras. You still need power but I have power in my coop so I hooked it up.

On the link I see a price of $39.99 per camera. Is that what you have 4 of?

I have been on this site for days trying to get some information on coop cams but really didn't find what I needed (or maybe was just looking in the wrong place.)

I am looking to install a couple cameras to watch my chickens when I am not at home or just to see what they are up to. I know many people do have coop cams but was wondering which ones they use. I am hoping for something inexpensive or reasonable, wireless and battery operated if possible. Also, if I can stream it on the phone it would be even better!

Can I get some suggestions or brands and prices or what you guys use? I did find some suggestions but they were quite pricey and I have not made the decision to pay that much money yet.

As always thanks in advance.
I have NEST outdoor cameras on the house, and since the coop is closely, I have one there too. Very easy setup and a good phone app and website. It just needs to connect to the Wifi. It also has night vision. Put a hidden link on my website. That way, I can monitor the temperature and humidity without disturbing them. Also, saw which hen layed our very first egg today!

https://www.greggster.com/chickens

Last edited:
On the link I see a price of $39.99 per camera. Is that what you have 4 of?
Yes. There is a promotion of 12% off if you buy four. Lol. I also opened an Amazon credit card..... didn't know you got cash back from them (could have saved so much money! I buy so much from them) I got $75 off my purchase so I go a phenomenal price for all four!

Just want to warn you they are not like the nicer expensive cameras. They lag a bit but unless you are watching them and have the camera on and watching the camera at the same time you can't tell.

I may buy fancier ones one day but for now this hits my much needed chicken watching fix.

Darn ... was really hoping for a battery operated one but I guess it would run out of batteries fast. (Realistically I don't know if I knew they even existed.)

Thanks for the info jthorton. I look at those cams too.

We use Arlo cameras. The battery life is pretty good, lasts anywhere from 3-6 months. The picture is excellent, as it the night vision, and it is all wireless and really easy to setup. It also has a phone app, which is a little buggy sometimes, but works for viewing the feed. We've had ours for over a year now and I'm very pleased with them.

Yes. There is a promotion of 12% off if you buy four. Lol. I also opened an Amazon credit card..... didn't know you got cash back from them (could have saved so much money! I buy so much from them) I got $75 off my purchase so I go a phenomenal price for all four!

Just want to warn you they are not like the nicer expensive cameras. They lag a bit but unless you are watching them and have the camera on and watching the camera at the same time you can't tell.

I may buy fancier ones one day but for now this hits my much needed chicken watching fix.
Thanks so much! I was just wondering how it would do in the cold(zero degrees) up north here. Otherwise I think it would be great for the coop.
I thought I would need the outdoor version:confused:.

We use Arlo cameras. The battery life is pretty good, lasts anywhere from 3-6 months. The picture is excellent, as it the night vision, and it is all wireless and really easy to setup. It also has a phone app, which is a little buggy sometimes, but works for viewing the feed. We've had ours for over a year now and I'm very pleased with them.

Do you have a link? or should I just search arlo camera?:D

Back
Top Bottom