Coop Cam

Pics

lissalischicks

Crowing
8 Years
Jan 31, 2016
Los Angeles, California
I have been on this site for days trying to get some information on coop cams but really didn't find what I needed (or maybe was just looking in the wrong place.)

I am looking to install a couple cameras to watch my chickens when I am not at home or just to see what they are up to. I know many people do have coop cams but was wondering which ones they use. I am hoping for something inexpensive or reasonable, wireless and battery operated if possible. Also, if I can stream it on the phone it would be even better!

Can I get some suggestions or brands and prices or what you guys use? I did find some suggestions but they were quite pricey and I have not made the decision to pay that much money yet.

As always thanks in advance.

Last edited:
@ jthornton.... i was going googling horrible freight trying to find cameras and couldn't find anything. LOL didn't realize you that horrible freight=harbor freight. I will check them our tomorrow :thumbsup

@rbnk... I hope you get your christmas present. I got mine early and it was a automatic chicken door and it was the best thing I ever got but now I want a camera.... to think I got chickens because I thought getting the eggs directly from my chickens would be cheaper and now I think I have would have saved money by just buying store bought eggs.

Sorry I should have given you a disclaimer about the name it's what we call it on the IRC (Internet Relay Chat).

My first egg will be very expensive for sure. New Coop, New Run, 100' of 5' tall Chain Link Fence, food, treats, fodder factory, etc... extra large eggs at Krogers are $1.89 a dozen. But store bought eggs don't sit in your lap and take a nap...

JT

okay!!! got my cameras! it wasn't the fancy ones with awesome quality but it was a great for the price! :woot

here are some pictures!

the girls were very suspicious of the camera that moved
8969088_2017-12-24 17_45_39.jpg
8970069_2017-12-25 13_03_29.jpg inside the run
8970975_2017-12-25 12_55_09.jpg outside

Last edited:
I look at it in the middle of the night and I feel as if they girls give me dirty looks cuz they know I'm watching them.

:gig Just have to giggle at your comment! A couple of mine do give what seems like dirty looks in the middle of the night when I turn on nightvision! LOL When my rooster was alive he would turn his head toward the camera and just grumble...I miss that.

We don't have foxes in our area but we have coyotes. My neighbors saw them jumping into people's backyards so I am worried about them... plus we now have a very curious cat that keeps coming around. Honestly, I really want to just watch them sometimes. I get curious at work.

Thanks for the info trish! I will look those cameras up and if anyone else has any other brands let me know!!!
Yeah, chicken TV is the best! My monitor is set up right next to the tv so I can watch both. I usually end up watching the chickens more!

If you have an old Android phone, you can use it as a webcam. Check out the IP Webcam app in the play store. For viewing video on Android, I recommend tinyCam. I have the paid pro versions of both.

If you want to use an old computer with a webcam, try YawCam. (Google it)

I totally get you. I don't travel for a living but sometimes at work, I find myself screaming at the wall with frustration. The last few days have been great because watching them makes me giggle, especially when I talk to them through the camera and they look around all lost. These camera have been great but I do see the benefits for better cameras.

My friend said to me so if your house gets broken into, and when the cops asks if you have any footage .... how do you explain you have all these cameras but none of them facing the house. :smackthat was my response LOL.

Just peaked at my girls right now and i swear 2 of them gave me a dirty look.

I put the Arlo stickers up to warn potential robbers that I have cameras. They have no idea they are inside the coop!

:lau

We don't have foxes in our area but we have coyotes. My neighbors saw them jumping into people's backyards so I am worried about them... plus we now have a very curious cat that keeps coming around. Honestly, I really want to just watch them sometimes. I get curious at work.

Thanks for the info trish! I will look those cameras up and if anyone else has any other brands let me know!!!

Back
Top Bottom