Coop Cam

Pics
We bought our wireless Arlo cameras from Costco, 2 cameras for $197. These take 4ea 3.7 volt batteries that are pricey. We bought rechargeable batteries and a charger with 4 extra batteries so that we always have 4 batts charged and ready to swap out. IF you bought new batteries all the time this set up would be too expensive, IMO!

Battery life is weeks, not months in our experience. Pretty happy, all in all. One camera pointed out the roosts and the other at the nest boxes. All motion activated. BB

We bought our wireless Arlo cameras from Costco, 2 cameras for $197. These take 4ea 3.7 volt batteries that are pricey. We bought rechargeable batteries and a charger with 4 extra batteries so that we always have 4 batts charged and ready to swap out. IF you bought new batteries all the time this set up would be too expensive, IMO!

Battery life is weeks, not months in our experience. Pretty happy, all in all. One camera pointed out the roosts and the other at the nest boxes. All motion activated. BB
I am trying avoid monthly service charge. Is Arlo camera require Cloud service?

My Arlo cameras are set to only turn on when I log into them. The batteries have been lasting close to 6 months. I get replacement batteries from Amazon, not too bad. Having the cameras set on motion would essentially have them on all the time. When is the last time your birds stopped moving?

So.... sneaked a peak accidently moved the camera and got this image. Had a trying day at work and this freaked out look cracked me up
8969088_2017-12-28 17_56_19.jpg

Coop cameras rock!

Great image! She deserves a caption or a thought bubble....Looks like she's considering if the spy cam should even be allowed in there.:lol:
You are probably right!! I'm surprised they haven't tried to peck it off!!! She's probably thinking... "holy crap the alien just came alive. Don't act scared. Look calm! I wonder if I look calm"

Funny thing I'll say about the camera. I was in the office and my boss came to talk to me. We started talking and all the sudden heard a plane overhead. We both were like... we are in the middle of the building. There is one floor above us ... where is the freaking plane?!?!!? So turns out.... I had the phone on with the camera active and apparently a plane had flown over my house and that is what we overheard. :lau

We don't have foxes in our area but we have coyotes. My neighbors saw them jumping into people's backyards so I am worried about them... plus we now have a very curious cat that keeps coming around. Honestly, I really want to just watch them sometimes. I get curious at work.

Thanks for the info trish! I will look those cameras up and if anyone else has any other brands let me know!!!

Hi I moved from Los Angeles to the desert and yes there are foxes in Los Angeles.

This is from animal services-

There are several different kinds of Foxes in Los Angeles, the most common two are the Red fox and the Grey Fox. The two foxes are very different in size, color and demeanor. The red fox is a Rich red color and can be found in all areas of the United States, In its Natural Environment its diet consists of Mice and other rodents, however in a city environment it will eat just about anything including trash, small pets and other foxes. This is the smartest of the fox family and can seldom be caught in a cage trap. The Grey Fox is a more secretive fox and is a little more picky when it comes to food. Eating the same things as the red fox, but on a smaller scale, they grey fox is about halt the size of a red fox, In Los Angeles the grey fox is not as common as the red fox. Contact Los Angeles Coyote and Fox Removal and Control for all your Coyote and Fox problems, (213) 233-9441 ~ We also handle any animal removal and wildlife control problem around Los Angeles CA.

Back
Top Bottom